PDA

View Full Version : Llbean wicked slippers?

diamond
01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Want to get wicked slippers from llbean with the 15% off sale. But am co fused with the 4-5 different ones like clog, mochas sin, slipper, etc..which one is recommended most? I have tile kitchen and dining floor which are cold so need something warm. Ty

TwoBees
01-17-2013, 01:59 PM
I like the bootie because it covers my ankles. This one:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/23777?feat=511926-GN3&page=women-s-wicked-good-slippers

pastrygirl
01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
I love the booties. I had the mocs before, but the laces drove me NUTS. I could never get them to stay tied, and I was constantly stepping on them.

legaleagle
01-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Love the booties, I'm wearing them right now. I have mild reynaud's so my toes get painfully cold and these keep them warm.

TwoBees
01-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Love the booties, I'm wearing them right now.

LOL! I should have added that, I'm wearing mine right now too! :love5:

ETA: I should add that DH prefers the mocs with the hard sole because he also wears them when running out to his car or to the mailbox. It depends on how you are going to wear them I guess.

maiaann
01-17-2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/23777?feat=511926-GN3&page=women-s-wicked-good-slippers

I've thought of buying those in the past. Do they run TTS? Also, last year they were only $49. This year they raised the price to $79. Gulp! :47: Are they worth $79?

diamond
01-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Ty all, I think I need for more around the home so booties it is. Are they easy to slip them on and off standing or do you have to sit down and use your hand? Ty

pastrygirl
01-17-2013, 02:40 PM
In a pinch, I can put them on without my hand, but I end up stepping on the back part and it stays smushed down. I prefer to pull on the little tab in the back.

I used to get SO cold in the winter and go to bed with popsicle feet, but these slippers are on my feet whenever I'm home, and they keep me toasty all day long!

TwoBees
01-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I've thought of buying those in the past. Do they run TTS? Also, last year they were only $49. This year they raised the price to $79. Gulp! :47: Are they worth $79?

Were they really $49? I honestly don't remember. I do know that the price has gone up though. However, with LLB's guarantee, I think it is a fair price. IMO they are totally worth it. I find they run TTS, maybe a bit large? I'm between a 7 and a 7.5 usually, and I have a size 7. They will feel tight at first because of all the sherling inside, but it molds to the shape of your foot after a few wearings, and then they aren't tight at all. The website says half sizes order up though. I do not wear them with socks. But they are soooo comfy, like stepping into a cloud. It is so nice to come home from work, kick off my work shoes, and slip into my slippers. :)

Ty all, I think I need for more around the home so booties it is. Are they easy to slip them on and off standing or do you have to sit down and use your hand? Ty

I slip them on and off standing all the time. Very easy to kick off, but I find I need one hand to pull them over my heel to get them on sometimes (because the back squishes down). You don't need to sit down if you can balance for a sec on one foot.

Twoboos
01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
I ordered the clog, I like that it has a harder sole if I want to run into the garage or outside for something.

Looking forward to getting them and replacing my Ugg slippers. The shearling is worn away on the inside, even though the sole is fine.

jjordan
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM

That's what I have (and love, I'm on my 3rd or 4th pair!).

jjordan
01-17-2013, 07:36 PM

I normally wear size 6.5 and so I have size 7 slippers. I usually wear them with socks, sometimes thick socks. They do get roomier as time goes by and the fluff compresses some. My current pair is very new so still quite snug.

I'd say they are worth $79, especially with 15% off. I usually plan on each pair lasting 2 years. So every other Christmas I ask for a new pair!

In a pinch, I can put them on without my hand, but I end up stepping on the back part and it stays smushed down. I prefer to pull on the little tab in the back.

I used to get SO cold in the winter and go to bed with popsicle feet, but these slippers are on my feet whenever I'm home, and they keep me toasty all day long!

:yeahthat: Especially when they are new, I need to pull them on. After a few months, when they are roomier, they are easier to slip on.

infomama
01-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Wearing these now...... LOVE them. I wear a 9 1/2-10 and I have 10's. The 9's were too small.

2zeke
01-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Wearing these now...... LOVE them. I wear a 9 1/2-10 and I have 10's. The 9's were too small.

Bummer. I'm the same size and was hoping to size down to a 9 since they are out of 10's in brown. I guess I will wait until next year.

athompson
01-19-2013, 11:58 PM
For anyone looking for a less expensive option I have these and love them:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-nylon-quilt-bootie-slippers~232794_-1.html
They are $14.99 + 30% off and free shipping over $50!

ECMom
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Bummer. I'm the same size and was hoping to size down to a 9 since they are out of 10's in brown. I guess I will wait until next year.

You can call & they can tell you if a retail store has them in the color/size you want. The stores ship for free as well.

ILikeToSave
01-21-2013, 12:04 AM
For anyone looking for a less expensive option I have these and love them:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-nylon-quilt-bootie-slippers~232794_-1.html
They are $14.99 + 30% off and free shipping over $50!

Not trying to knock yours, but they are made of polyester. The beauty of the LL Beans is the shearling. They are the best slippers ever. I wear mine anytime I am in the house, even in the summer.

These are my go-to pair:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/18664?feat=Wicked%20good-SR0&page=women-s-wicked-good-moccasins

queenmama
01-21-2013, 05:27 AM
If you're planning on wearing them a lot, do not order the Hearthside slippers. I had the moc style and they didn't last a year. Of course, I wore them alldayeveryday... :D

The laces came untied all the time, too. I ended up cutting that part off and it looked awful, but at least I kept my sanity. I'm not sure whether the Wickeds have better ties or not, but I might choose the clogs or booties just to be on the safe side!

Lara

mommymy
01-21-2013, 07:28 AM
If you want another option, try REI. I bought a pair of shearling mocs 75 percent off last February for 15 dollars. They are warm, comfy, and I love them.