PDA

View Full Version : will bananas brown if...

infomama
01-18-2013, 10:24 AM
I blend my smoothie the night before and put it in a ball jar in the fridge? I use powdered pb vanilla soymilk, ground flax and frozen bananas. The Vitamix will wake everyone in the morning so i want to blend it the night before. It's my breakfast.

Sweetum
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
yes, they do discolor, go brown. It might help to put something acidic like orange juice, but even that a few spoons may not be sufficient.
ETA: I would love to get your source for the other ingredients, though, if you don't mind.

infomama
01-18-2013, 09:43 PM
yes, they do discolor, go brown. It might help to put something acidic like orange juice, but even that a few spoons may not be sufficient.
ETA: I would love to get your source for the other ingredients, though, if you don't mind.

Thanks for the info. I thought I was going to just have to do a experiment tonight. ;)
I use trader joes vanilla soy milk, just great stuff powdered organic PB, http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_detail.php?id=287&ref=9, ground flax from the natural store (I think it's Bobs golden), and bananas.