PDA

View Full Version : ISO good deal on comfy, warm, everyday slippers

ang79
01-18-2013, 09:40 PM
My Bearpaw shearling mocs are no longer working. I got a good 2 years out of them but the footbed is so worn down they just aren't comfortable to stand in for very long. Anyone have any recs of where to get comfy, warm, supportive slippers that can be used for everyday use (I'm a SAHM and when its cold outside I live in my slippers all day long!). I'd prefer if they have a rubber sole, as sometimes I need to step outside to take out trash, etc. and its nice not having to switch to shoes for that. While I loved the shearling wool on my Bearpaws, I don't necessarily need the wool, but I don't want fake fur/wool that will get hot and smelly after awhile as its not breathable. I do usually wear socks with my slippers during the day. Any good deals? DH won't be impressed if its something over $50, lower would be much better!

WatchingThemGrow
01-18-2013, 10:19 PM
I use my LLB wicked good slippers for what you describe. I leave the "trash" and other things that need to go out for DH or I slip out of those and into my Merrells for the occasion.

wendibird22
01-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Halfinger clogs. I love mine and got them from amazon for $35. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W4ME30/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00. These are mine. I've had the AT slippers but wore a hole through the top with my big toe w/in 5 mos. the clogs are a denser tighter wool and have held up better. I have the coldest feet on the planet and these keep me warm but not sweaty. They also aren't scratchy at all.

ang79
01-19-2013, 12:08 PM
I use my LLB wicked good slippers for what you describe. I leave the "trash" and other things that need to go out for DH or I slip out of those and into my Merrells for the occasion.

While I'd love to try the LLB ones, they are out of my price range. Just curious though, how long does a pair hold up when used everyday? My Bearpaw ones I think I bought from Amazon for about $22 on sale and they lasted me two years. I found the same ones in black (not my first choice of color though) at shoebuy and with a coupon they'd be $32 plus 16% CB, so not a bad price for 2 years. Just wondering if the pricier ones like LLB, Ugg, etc. hold up longer.