PDA

View Full Version : chicken wings recipe?

oneplustwo
01-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I've never prepared chicken wings in my life, but some came in our meat CSA this past week. With the AFC championship game coming up tomorrow, I figured I'd cook them up for the family to munch on while the game is on. So please hit me with your favorite chicken wing recipes!

Tondi G
01-20-2013, 03:56 AM
I would just put them in a bag with some teriyaki marinade ... let them soak it up as long as you can.... then put them on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven or grill them on the BBQ .... sprinkle with some sesame seeds and maybe some thin sliced green onions.

I would Bake wings on a foil-lined pan at 500 °F on lowest oven rack for 20 to 25 min. until crispy, turning once.

Or go and buy some Franks red hot sauce, their kickin BBQ sauce is yummy too and make buffalo wings. I just checked the Franks website and they have a bunch of wing recipes

http://www.franksredhot.com/wings

oneplustwo
01-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I'm really clueless about wings so that's a big help.

Some of the recipes I've come across mention cutting off the wing tips; wasn't sure how important that was or not. Anyone here do that?

The kids aren't into very spicy, so I think I'll stick with some sort of teriyaki/maple marinade like this:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/calling-all-cooks/maple-chicken-wings-recipe/index.html

KLD313
01-20-2013, 04:57 PM
I think they say to do that because that end part cooks faster than the rest so it will burn and there's no meat in there anyway. Do your wings have three parts?

oneplustwo
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
I think they say to do that because that end part cooks faster than the rest so it will burn and there's no meat in there anyway. Do your wings have three parts?

Yeah, I was wondering if it was to avoid burning the teeny tips. Mine have the three parts, so I figure I'll cut off the tips and save them for stock.

KLD313
01-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I was wondering if it was to avoid burning the teeny tips. Mine have the three parts, so I figure I'll cut off the tips and save them for stock.

Sounds like a plan!

oneplustwo
01-21-2013, 12:06 AM
If anyone else is ever looking for a wings recipe, I highly recommend the maple chicken wings one I linked above. They came out truly finger-licking good. DH has demanded I make them again, LOL. Now if only the Pats had won the AFC and advanced to the Super Bowl, I'd be making them again in short order.