PDA

View Full Version : if you did 3 day potty training....

AnnieW625
01-20-2013, 12:22 AM
which method/author did you use?

how old were your kids?

did they have any issues with it?

did it take longer than 3 days?

did it work for both poop, and pee?

If you tried a 3 day method and it didn't work, what did you do?

DD2 is 2 yrs. 8 mos. old and I have a feeling we might be too late to try this. I was reading about The Fellom Method (http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc) on Baby Center last night and they say it is best to start between 15 and 28 months; DD2 is 32 mos. old (will be 33 mos. in 10 days)

citymama
01-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Bookmarking bc I'm in the sane position as you!

We PTed DD1 at exactly 24 months after one of her preschool classmates was PTed by his single mom with the 3-day method. We didn't use that method exactly but her PTing was more intensive and supported fully at preschool. Once we started, there was no turning back, no more diapers when she was awake. She was bare butt at home while awake, and in training unders out of the house. Dipes for naps and night time.

With DD2, we've stopped and started too much, and our biggest hold up was a non supportive DCP. We're going to try the "full speed ahead" method including at preschool but this darn cold weather has delayed us for sure. She knows what to do, but asks for diapers, whereas DD1 *wanted* to stop wearing dipes and do training unders. Go figure. I thought the second kid would want to be like her big sis!

AnnieW625
01-20-2013, 02:28 AM
Thanks!

DD1 trained with a sticker chart, and bribery of Starburst. :bag. We had tried before she turned 3, but she had zero interest and then two weeks after she turned 3 she started asking me to go pee while we were out (she would see dressing rooms and think they were bathrooms) and low and behold she would. It took us a full two weeks of stickers and Starburst (she got those for every 4th time she went pee, and then after 8 tries she could pick a prize--honestly though she didn't care about the prizes). She was fully trained a month after turning 3.

DD2 is fine in panties, and even a pull up (she had gym class this AM) until after her nap and then once she had peed in the pull up she wants nothing to do with the potty. Tonight however before bed she went pee in the potty, and also went poop and before she went poop she told me to leave the room, which I felt was a good thing. We have no plans to go anywhere tomorrow so I am hoping she can wear panties all day tomorrow , except for nap. Prior to her nap she went about 90 minutes in panties with no accidents.

karstmama
01-20-2013, 08:57 AM
i'm not much help, but i did try the 3day method, http://www.3daypottytraining.com

it was october '10, so that means he was almost 4 (3 & 10mo).

it did not work, not at all. i followed the suggestions pretty closely, but i think my delayed son just didn't understand what i was asking him to do. i think the connection between 'this full feeling in my lower tummy' and 'the pee/poop comes out' was the missing piece, and i couldn't get it across to him.

that being said, though, it seemed like a firm but loving approach that would work for most kids. it is a pay site, but they give you a login & you can ask as many questions as you need to and get an individual note from site managers.

Dr C
01-20-2013, 10:13 AM
We did a variant of the 3 day method with DD. She was 2yrs 10 months and we'd had several false starts where I'd put her in undies and she'd just pee in them. She had peed in the potty only a couple of times, ever. Anyway, it was a warm weekend and we just put her outside on the deck with no pants/undies--brought the little potty out there. One huge puddle and one small puddle, and then she made the connection. Kept her naked for first 2 days and did undies on day 3. She did great--but she was VERY ready, and we were lucky to have picked a weekend when she was receptive.

Melaine
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Yes and it took about 9 months.

AngelaS
01-21-2013, 08:48 AM
We did the potty training in a day method where you stress staying dry. I bribed dd with skittles for going in the potty. She was 2.5, and she truly trained in a day, down to pooping in the potty after supper. It was a long tiring day, but dang, so worth it!

jgenie
01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
We used this method. DS1 was 3.25 and DS2 was 2 yrs 7 months. They were both day trained for pee and poop by the end of the 3 days. Night training took a couple of weeks with DS1 and DS2 is still working on it. I think I have finally figured out that we need to really limit his drinking at night. He had a good stretch where he was dry at night but has regressed and is dry some nights but not all. GL

hillview
01-21-2013, 10:32 AM
We did our own 3 day method with both boys right when they were 3 or almost 3. It worked well. Put on unders in the morning. Set a timer every 15 mins try to use potty. Rewards of M&Ms for pee and small snickers bars for poop. We did it over a weekend so really it was only 2 days and they were PTed for the most part. We pushed juice or water and made a big deal out of successes and ignored accidents. Had a pile of cool underwear (cheap target unders) and stuck to the 15 min rule. DS1 took another 2.5 years to night time PT and DS2 was night time PTed the same week he regular PTed.