PDA

View Full Version : ISO 6 Lego Duplo Baseplates

logan's mom
01-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Target/Amazon/TRU won't let me order more than 5. Can I do 2 orders? I have shoprunner but these don't qualify. I have a red card so I can get some from Target and some from Amazon...

Am I better just ordering from Lego.com and just getting all 6 at once?

Any other places I should check???

Thanks!

tmphilo
01-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Not sure if this will help, but when I was looking for the Duplo plates at Christmas for DD's Lego table, the guy in the Lego store pointed out to me that a standard lego base plate would work (the Duplos just take up 2 of the regular Lego rows). I ended up getting standard lego plates and now won't have to worry about switching out the Duplo plates when they move to the smaller Legos.

logan's mom
01-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Not sure if this will help, but when I was looking for the Duplo plates at Christmas for DD's Lego table, the guy in the Lego store pointed out to me that a standard lego base plate would work (the Duplos just take up 2 of the regular Lego rows). I ended up getting standard lego plates and now won't have to worry about switching out the Duplo plates when they move to the smaller Legos.

Didn't realize that! Thank you!

krobbin
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM

Thanks OP for posting, I was looking at the same thing.

They charge WAY to much for those baseplates as far as I'm concerned. Glad to know you can use regular baseplates!!

citymama
01-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Wait, are they on sale or something, OP?

♥ms.pacman♥
01-21-2013, 03:51 PM

:yeahthat: i was going to suggest this!! one time last year when i was shopping at our local kroger, i saw that those clear plastic Lego storage units / carrying cases (the red, green, blue ones with lego figurine picture on them) were on clearance. I think they were like $2.59 each or something (normally $10). It caught my eye because each case came with one decent-sized Lego baseplate inside. I bought 3 of them even though my kids weren't even into Legos then...because I knew the baseplates can be $$..at the lego store a baseplate is like $10 or something ridiculous (i remember bc i once was going to get one for my nephews). And yeah, the regular Lego baseplate is compatible with Duplos. Now my kids are both really into duplos and i am so glad i got those baseplates for so cheap!