PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia Bend vs Alligator Bayou rooms at Port Orleans Riverside?

acmom
01-20-2013, 02:37 PM
We are going in Feb and staying at POR with 2 kids (4 and 2). We want a room close to buses and main bldg for food court. I am trying to decide between requesting a Magnolia Bend mansion room and an Alligator Bayou room. We had booked a preferred room and requested a Murphy bed room, but now I'm not sure that DD (4) will be able to sleep on it as it looks small/narrow and is off the ground. She moves a lot in her sleep so I'm worried she will fall off it. I also read the Alligator Bayou bldgs dont have elevators and I'm thinking carrying a double stroller up and down the stairs a couple times a day will be a pain. But there are no "preferred location" rooms in the Magnolia Bend section.

Anyone stayed at POR recently and have any advice on which section would be better for us? I tried to look on disboards and can find a lot of info, but not too much on this.

hellokitty
01-20-2013, 04:56 PM
If you booked preferred you'll be in the AB section in the closest rooms to the main building and main pool. The Murphy bed is good for little kids. My 3 yr ok slept fine in it. I would recommend bringing a hanging sweater organizer for extra storage space since the Murphy bed is where the dresser usually is. We stayed there the wk after thanksgiving and I regret not. Poking a preferred room. We were in timbuktu in building 34. Are you planning to brig a car? I thought that POR had horrible bus service compared to when we stayed at Pofq. I would have driven if we had a car at POR.

hellokitty
01-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh and yeah, you might want to get a lower level room. No had a Mac techno and didn't enjoy lugging it up and down the stairs. As for the Murphy bed it was plenty big. I could have slept on it and I'm 5'4".