PDA

View Full Version : Lakeside Furniture Cribs

ushmush
01-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone,
This is our first post to this site. We went today to one of the stores recommended in the book - Cribs to College Bedrooms in Naperville, IL. One of the cribs we really liked was from Lakeside Furniture. This store sells a lot of Lakeside Furniture and said that they are excellent quality.

The only problem is that we cannot find anywhere else that sells this furniture. We were hoping to see if anyone had heard of them or used their cribs. If so, could you please let us know what you think?

For others, would you purchase a crib from a company that is not one of the national crib makers?

Thanks!

zra14
01-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Lakeside is Cribs to College's own brand so you won't hear any experiences except from those who bought a crib from them. We are not purchasing one, but the quality seemed fine to me when I looked at them in store.

I was a little bothered by the fact that in multiple trips there they have made a really hard sell on Lakeside--that made me a little suspicious and uncomfortable. But, that probably has nothing to do with the quality of the crib and everything to do with their sales approach. I suspect that they make a much larger profit on these cribs since they are the importer and the retailer, than they would on say a Pali or Munire crib, where they are just the retailer. Sorry I couldn't weigh in on the quality.