PDA

View Full Version : It's like it was fate (Ikea brag...)

Mopey
01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
So we finally went to Ikea to pick up the piece I've wanted for storage/TV in our living room and a few other things. Well, the one I had earmarked and thought I would finish myself was just not big enough at all so we started looking around......

Well! We saw this one with four big, deep drawers I had never noticed before, and in the kind of finish I had thought I would do to the other unfinished pine one! (that swedish gray/blue milk paint). It was a bit longer than we'd planned for but decided to go for it.

When we went downstairs it was out of stock! We asked about restocking and found out it is being discontinued :( I was crestfallen! And then the lovely man suggested seeing if we could buy the floor model......

Long story short we got a fabulous piece of furniture, in perfect shape, already put together and $70 off!!! All the crap in our three "decorative boxes" under the TV fit into ONE drawer.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60159836/

They also had a deal that if you spent over $100 they would deduct the amount of your lunch!

Hallelujah :D

PS - so it pays to check the AS-IS section and see if you can buy the floor model!

crl
01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Total score!

Catherine

Momit
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Love the as-is section at IKEA!

craftysierra
01-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Yeah! I have to go through the as-is room every time I go to ikea just to check it out :)
Sierra

MamaMolly
01-21-2013, 08:10 AM
:applause: So cute! I love the discount section, too. I once bought gold and silver wrapping paper at 90% off, so 10 cents a roll. Good times!!!!

Gracemom
01-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Yay! That's how we found our DD's bookcase. The best part is that it was already assembled!

hellokitty
01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Awesome deal and I love the look of the dresser you got. I could see how it could work in a non-bedroom setting.

Corie
01-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I love it!!!

Great job! :)

LD92599
01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Excellent! We bought several of our expedits this way - saves $$ and TIME! As long as you have the room to transport it fully assembled!

OKKiddo
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Now I've got to go back to our Ikea to check the As Is section! I love that dresser--and it would work perfectly in our MB! My husband may not like me going back right away though because we just got finished assembling and hanging all of my Ikea shelves/cubes last night so that I can FINALLY get all of my knitting stuff out of boxes that have been stacked in my nook since we moved in over Labor Day! I'm so happy now sitting here just looking at all of my squishy yarn and well loved knitting needles! :)

Mopey
01-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks so much for joining in all the joy!!!

It really is so exciting. I mean, cheaper AND no assembly, no finishing? SCORE :47:

:yay::yay::yay:

wellyes
01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
I never have luck in the as-is section but I always, always, always go. Stories like this keep my hopes up!

hellokitty
01-21-2013, 05:48 PM
I never have luck in the as-is section but I always, always, always go. Stories like this keep my hopes up!

:yeahthat: I think we've found one thing in the as-in section. However, our biggest problem is that we can't fit as in stuff into our minivan when we have 3 kids with us and a 3 hr drive.

tarnator
01-21-2013, 05:51 PM
:yeahthat: I think we've found one thing in the as-in section. However, our biggest problem is that we can't fit as in stuff into our minivan when we have 3 kids with us and a 3 hr drive.

I have been known to partly disassemble something...:rotflmao:

Mopey
01-21-2013, 06:05 PM
To be clear it was a floor model - they had us go to the as-is section for the pricing and that's where it would have gone.

Woooooooooooooooooo :cheerleader1:

hellokitty
01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
To be clear it was a floor model - they had us go to the as-is section for the pricing and that's where it would have gone.

Woooooooooooooooooo :cheerleader1:

Yeah, you got a good deal. A lot of the as-is stuff is pretty beat up, the floor model stuff is probably in better shape (if it isn't something that you sit, walk or lay in) than a lot of the as-in stuff that look like returns. We saw a lot of stuff that looked like they were assembled improperly in the as-in section.