PDA

View Full Version : Update in 15- picked a new dress- A navy and black concern- valid?

SnuggleBuggles
01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
I decided that I wouldn't love being in photos with my boys wearing black and white, me in navy. But, I found this great dress today:
http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product/AT-Petites/AT-Petite-Dresses/Petite-Moonlight-Sheath-Dress/300382?colorExplode=false&skuId=12970421&catid=cata000028&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=6600

This is the dress I wish I could find. I bought one at TJ Maxx but it was too small. I am going to keep looking for it (I don't want to deal w/ ebay). But, the AT one will do:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-TAHARI-Crimson-Black-Multi-Alina-Satin-Cocktail-Dress-Size-10-258-/150977641895?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&hash=item2326f7fda7

I'm going to my SIL's wedding and my coral dress that I bought last summer is just not going to work. So, I'm on the hung for a new dress. I bought a super cute and flattering navy dress today. Problem (?) is that the bridesmaids (7 of them) are wearing black. The cut isn't similar but I can't decide if it'll be awkward to be in navy. Thoughts? I have lots more stores to look at- I just liked this dress.

fivi2
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
If it is an evening wedding and the bm are wearing black, my guess is that you won't be the only one in a similar color! If the cut is different enough then I'd wear it.

AnnieW625
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
:yeahthat:

PunkyBoo
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I think its fine. At my wedding many years ago my bridesmaids wore navy and lots of guests wore black... non-issue in my book.

DrSally
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
I think it will be fine. Is it the AT dress that isn't working anymore? I went back and snatched a size down b/ c mine was getting loose.

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2013, 08:18 PM
I think it will be fine. Is it the AT dress that isn't working anymore? I went back and snatched a size down b/ c mine was getting loose.

Yeah. It just doesn't look good in the midsection. You can see every bump. I bought a Flexees slip and it didn't help bc you could see those seams! Today the sales lady suggested just throwing a cardi over it. :). It looks amazing at the neck and shoulders plus the length is flattering.

DrSally
01-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Yeah. It just doesn't look good in the midsection. You can see every bump. I bought a Flexees slip and it didn't help bc you could see those seams! Today the sales lady suggested just throwing a cardi over it. :). It looks amazing at the neck and shoulders plus the length is flattering.

Darn it. How about a shaping panty ( high waist) with no seam

crl
01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Both new possibilities are nice!

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Darn it. How about a shaping panty ( high waist) with no seam

Maybe. I have been meaning to look for a new one. The Spanx panty I have has a seam down the front and back so it's a no go. eta- I wanted to avoid a VPL too.

lmintzer
01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
I like the AT dress!

DrSally
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe. I have been meaning to look for a new one. The Spanx panty I have has a seam down the front and back so it's a no go. eta- I wanted to avoid a VPL too.

There's a new one at Costco-- Flexes or Maidenforn. Goes up to bra and inclues bike shorts. $20. I didn't see any eggregious seaming.

DrSally
01-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I've seen that dress at TJ Maxx, but in different colors. I like them both. Did you also check ATL? All sale dresses are $20.

Eta: in store only

SnuggleBuggles
01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
There's a new one at Costco-- Flexes or Maidenforn. Goes up to bra and inclues bike shorts. $20. I didn't see any eggregious seaming.

Bummer, I just got back from there! I'm sure I'll be back. :)

SnuggleBuggles
01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
I've seen that dress at TJ Maxx, but in different colors. I like them both. Did you also check ATL? All sale dresses are $20.

Eta: in store only

I did look at ATL yesterday. They had 1 candidate but not my size. The AT one is purchased but I'm going to keep looking for that Tahari one.

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2013, 02:51 PM
So, I got that AT dress and it just didn't fit right. In desperation, I hit TJ Maxx again. Guess what I found? That EBay dress in my size! I saw it and figured it was the one I had returned already. It was. The one that was too small was on the rack and marked $30. But, then I kept digging and they had it 1 size up! But, it was marked $60. I took both to the register b/c of the price difference. They gave me the size I needed for $30! It's like a $250 dress so it was one of my best bargains. And just super good luck! It looked really pretty at the wedding too. :)

katydid1971
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
So, I got that AT dress and it just didn't fit right. In desperation, I hit TJ Maxx again. Guess what I found? That EBay dress in my size! I saw it and figured it was the one I had returned already. It was. The one that was too small was on the rack and marked $30. But, then I kept digging and they had it 1 size up! But, it was marked $60. I took both to the register b/c of the price difference. They gave me the size I needed for $30! It's like a $250 dress so it was one of my best bargains. And just super good luck! It looked really pretty at the wedding too. :)

:cheerleader1::yay::thumbsup:
I liked it much better than the AT dress I'm so glad you found it for such a great price. You will look great!!!

DrSally
03-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I just love it when things work out like that. Hooray!!