PDA

View Full Version : Bring 2 single strollers or rent a double?

FinnyMac
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
We are going to WDW in May. DD will be 5.5 ( tall 47lb) and DS (average height 27lb) will be turning 3 when we are there. We have BJCM GT, a Maclaren Quest, a BOB Duallie and a bumbleride flyer. Im thinking of bringing the first 2. But here's the issue- Will DD fit in the Maclaren? I want DS to be able to nap in stroller if he wants and he will obvs be more comfy in the BJCM. Also, my Mom is coming with us and she MAY need to use a wheel chair at some point. She broke her ankle over the summer and had surgery on it. Not sure how she will hold up with all that walking. It would be impossible for DH and I to push 2 strollers and a wheel chair.

Gut says to rent but I hate the idea of that. I have spent waaaay too much $$ on stroller sint he past 5 years to drop $90 on one I cant even keep lol!!! Plus I just sold my BJCMD a year ago. boo.

acmom
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I would rent bc at 3 and 5 I would think both kids would want to walk some. I think it would be too hard for my DH and I to push two singles and keep track of kids walking. And if the wheelchair is a possibility, I would think it would make my decision. We are going in feb with similar age kids and just decided we are going to rent too.

jjordan
01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
I would rent bc at 3 and 5 I would think both kids would want to walk some. I think it would be too hard for my DH and I to push two singles and keep track of kids walking. And if the wheelchair is a possibility, I would think it would make my decision. We are going in feb with similar age kids and just decided we are going to rent too.

I think these are good points - it's one thing to keep track of one stroller when kids are walking, but always having two strollers around would get to be annoying, I think.

We did rent a double when we went a few weeks ago (kids ages 1.5, 4.5, and 6.5) and it worked out well. When we went 4 years ago (kids ages .5 and 2.5), we used two singles and that also worked well, BUT both kids were in the strollers almost all the time. It would be different with 3 & 5 year old kids.