PDA

View Full Version : Why am I such a cry baby

Swirvin
01-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Ugh!!! Why is it whenever I get mad (as in having an argument with someone), I start to cry. It is a serious weakness and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to not tear up. I am so frustrated with myself when this happens. And this isn't just with family. I got very mad at the horrific service we received at a restaurant one time (even other patrons were shaking their heads at how badly we were treated by the staff) that I completely lost it when I was complaining to the manager.

I am a grown woman dammit!!!

mjs64
01-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Ugh!!! Why is it whenever I get mad (as in having an argument with someone), I start to cry. It is a serious weakness and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to not tear up. I am so frustrated with myself when this happens. And this isn't just with family. I got very mad at the horrific service we received at a restaurant one time (even other patrons were shaking their heads at how badly we were treated by the staff) that I completely lost it when I was complaining to the manager.

I am a grown woman dammit!!!

Every time for me too. Hugs.

belovedgandp
01-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Oh, if you figure it out let me know.

And the cycle, oh, the cycle I can get caught in. I'm angry, but I'm crying, but I'm more mad at myself for crying, but I should be mad, but Oh, I don't want to cry. Ugh.

athompson
01-25-2013, 09:19 AM
You are not alone:grouphug:
I do the same thing and am what one might consider a "strong person" otherwise.
We're just wired that way I guess.

Gracemom
01-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Add me to the crybaby list. Any strong emotion brings on the waterworks, even if I try so hard not to. I have cried at a parent-teacher conference and when I got a speeding ticket. So embarrassing! Did anyone see Grey's Anatomy last night? Meredith is preggo and having this same problem. It was pretty funny.

wendibird22
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm a card carrying member too! :waving4:

I cry when mad, frustrated, confrontational. You name it. I've cried in my boss' office countless times for no legitimate reason. I've cried quitting a job that I hated and was glad to leave just because of the pressure/emotion of giving notice to my boss. I cried in a bank once when a new credit card I was supposed to be sent before leaving for an overseas trip hadn't arrived yet. It really wasn't all that devastating but telling the banker that I was mad that it hadn't arrived in time was enough to set tears in motion. I've cried at my docs office out of frustration at not being able to get to the bottom of a cause of my symptoms. And once those tears are set in motion there's no stopping them. And like you I kind of hate myself after for not being able to keep it in check.

Unfortunately my DD1 is a super easy crier. Cries at EVERYTHING and I'm so worried that she'd going to be just like me. Wish I knew a strategy to teach her another coping mechanism.

jerigirl
01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Me too. It is frustrating and embarrassing. Like Wendibird22, I have also cried giving notice of quitting job that I hated and was so glad to get out of. Ugh.