PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 11 month old in lines?

123LuckyMom
01-25-2013, 05:12 PM
We don't use a sling or a carrier. DH has a shoulder issue that precludes his using one, even the Ergo, which we own, and I have the hugest chest you can imagine and have never been able to use the Ergo. I also have a lingering back problem I would not want to exacerbate at Disney! Since we can't use a carrier, and we can't use strollers in the line, what do we do with heavy and squiggly 11 month old DD? For most rides, we'll want to take her on, and for those where we don't want to take her, we'll want to do a baby swap. If we have to hold her while we wait in line for hours, this trip will be miserable!!! Please tell me there's a solution.

sail731
01-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Did not have a real young one with us though planning (not waiting too long for shows, avoiding super popular rides at mid-day, etc.) helped us limit our wait times, along with going last week (slow season). Also, we used quite a bit of Fast Passes to help shorten the rides too.

Tondi G
01-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Only thing I could think of is going to city hall when you arrive and explain that you need a special assistance pass. You have back trouble and are not able to stand in long lines holding your baby. This pass enables you to go up the exit or through the handicapped entrance and then you will only have to wait a short time before you can get on the rides. For the baby/child swap you tell them when you get into the line, they give you a paper pass... when you get off you hand it over to your DH and he goes in basically like you would with a special assistance pass.

bisous
01-30-2013, 07:55 PM
I think at City Hall you can also get permission to use the stroller in line. You might check with them and see what they say!

123LuckyMom
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM
I will check with them at City Hall! I don't want to have a shorter wait than anyone else, but it would really be great if I could use the stroller. I think we may get a wheelchair or ECV for my mom. She's 69 and has some significant health problems. There's no way she'll have the stamina to do all that walking. Maybe Mom could swap with me if the wait were especially long, and I could sit to hold the squirmy one.

Tondi G
01-31-2013, 03:22 AM
I will check with them at City Hall! I don't want to have a shorter wait than anyone else, but it would really be great if I could use the stroller. I think we may get a wheelchair or ECV for my mom. She's 69 and has some significant health problems. There's no way she'll have the stamina to do all that walking. Maybe Mom could swap with me if the wait were especially long, and I could sit to hold the squirmy one.

If you rent a wheel chair just get the special assistance pass. That is what it is there for. Trust me there are plenty of people who ask for it that really don't "need" it but they give it and it will make your trip much more enjoyable not having to wait in lines as long with grandma along and a squirmy little one. I have never seen anyone using a stroller in the lines .... chances are if you ask to be able to use a stroller they will end up just giving you a special assistance pass.

bisous
01-31-2013, 04:33 PM
If you rent a wheel chair just get the special assistance pass. That is what it is there for. Trust me there are plenty of people who ask for it that really don't "need" it but they give it and it will make your trip much more enjoyable not having to wait in lines as long with grandma along and a squirmy little one. I have never seen anyone using a stroller in the lines .... chances are if you ask to be able to use a stroller they will end up just giving you a special assistance pass.

Tondi's right. If you go with Grandma, get the GAC (guest assistance card). That is an easy thing for the clerks to process and you have a legitimate need. I did see someone last time in line with a stroller. BUT, come to think of it it may have been the special assistance line anyway?? Let us know how it works out!