PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a Twin bed for toddler

Raewyn
01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
A couple of nights ago, I heard a noise on the baby monitor, and when I went to check on DD she was working her leg up the side of the crib. I thought it was a fluke, but then it happened again last night. I think she is trying to climb out of her crib. She is 15 months old, but a total climber. Climbs onto the couch, boxes left upside down, and stairs at her grammy's house.

As she rolls around a lot at night, we were thinking of getting just a twin mattress and putting it on the floor for her.

What is a reasonable price for a good quality mattress for a child? The closest IKEA is 3 hours away, so not really doable with a 15 month in tow! Any good brand recommendations? I would like something that will last but it will most likely be jumped on and otherwise subjected to a little one.

fedoragirl
01-27-2013, 07:10 PM
We just got our 3 year old a natural latex mattress. We intend to keep it for another 15 years so it was worth the $$$ we spent on it. Also got 2 good quality mattress protectors. LOL
FYI: A child's mattress should be firm. I would not go with a pillowtop. You can research spinal development in children and go from there.