PDA

View Full Version : New use for Cake Pop Maker

maybeebaby08
01-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Pancake sausage balls! Dunkin Donuts used to have pancake bites with sausage in the middle. I've been craving them and every recipe online says to fry them, I was trying to think of way that I could just bake them and realized the cake pop machine is the perfect size! I tried it this morning and it worked perfectly!

I just used the Krusteaz mix, I like to add cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla to the mix. Then put a little but in machine add a small bite of cooked sausage link and a little more batter, cook til brown. So good for a Sunday morning breakfast.

hellokitty
01-27-2013, 12:15 PM
That such a cute idea! Now I wish I would have snagged one on clearance!

waitingforgrace
01-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Oh brilliant. Those things from dunkin are tasty.

okinawama
01-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Ooh, great idea! Do you think it would work with jiffy cornbread mix and a mini lilsmokie inside? My kids love corn dogs and that would be a quick and easy dinner with very little clean up if it works :)

maybeebaby08
01-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Ooh, great idea! Do you think it would work with jiffy cornbread mix and a mini lilsmokie inside? My kids love corn dogs and that would be a quick and easy dinner with very little clean up if it works :)

I think it would work, might have to cook a little longer with thicker batter.

turtle12
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Great idea, love it!

SnuggleBuggles
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Ds1 just discovered those and I'd wondered how to make them at home.

etaylor75
01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
I've been browsing Pinterest for Cake Pop Maker uses...

Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and cut up hot dogs
Tubes of biscuits/ cinnamon rolls cut in fourths
Pizza dough with slices of string cheese rolled inside, dip in marinara

This recipe works really well in the Cake Pop Maker:

http://thebabycakesshop.com/tips-and-recipes/2011/02/sour-cream-donuts/

I sub gluten free flour and it turns out great.

We also use the gluten free bisquick to make pancake pops, dip in syrup.

Anyone have any other great ideas? I'm slightly addicted to the Pop Maker!

Erin

mik8
01-28-2013, 05:11 PM
This sounds like a great alternative for tween get-togethers/hang-outs compared to the usual popcorn and cupcakes. Thanks for sharing!

njk07
02-13-2013, 08:51 PM
My mother-in-law gave me one and I was very excited! However, it has been a year and I still haven't used it :( What recipe would be best to start with?

That said, I also haven't used my Zoku and it's been almost a year. Sigh!

hellokitty
02-13-2013, 10:26 PM
My mother-in-law gave me one and I was very excited! However, it has been a year and I still haven't used it :( What recipe would be best to start with?

That said, I also haven't used my Zoku and it's been almost a year. Sigh!

This is one reason I am reluctant to get one of these. I seem to have a history with these small kitchen appliances that are novelties and then just take up space and aren't used that much. I saw a cake pop maker for only $10 at JCPenny's last wk, but passed on it, b/c of my poor history with these sort of appliances, lol.

ang79
02-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Just happened across this thread, thanks for the ideas! I lucked out and got my cakeball maker with the awesome Kohls deal last year. I use it frequently, but have yet to make actual cake balls! I like to use the Betty Crocker muffin and cornbread mixes in it, super easy and my girls get so excited to have muffin balls (and they aren't as messy for them to eat as regular muffins!). Will have to experiment with the corndogs and pancakes too, thanks!