PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with my health insurance

georgiegirl
01-30-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm so fed up with my insurance for making it purposefully difficult to find out which providers are the special category of 90/10. When i went looking for an OB (my previous OB joined a group that doesn't deliver at DH's hospital), I went to the hospital's website (its the preferred hospital and hospital charges are 100% covered) and clicked on find a provider. I found an OB and made an appointment. Well 2 appointments and 2 ultrasounds later (viability and NT scan), I learn from bookkeeping that they are level 2 providers with a 70/30 co-insurance. There's nothing on the hospital's website that indicates which providers are level 1 v. level 2. And I just went on the insurance website (it's a division of BCBS) and again, nothing showing the designations for OBs. I called the insurance company, and the lady couldn't figure it out, and she's going to do some research and figure it out and call me back. How hard should this be to find the provider with the greatest insurance reimbursement?

Tondi G
01-31-2013, 03:18 AM
They don't want you to find the doctor that has better coverage cause that means they have to pay out more money! I had issues with insurance years ago. The hospital I delivered DS at was a preferred provider ... by the time DS needed a surgery at 15 months we found out after the fact that they had become what they called an affiliated provider (because they are more expensive) and we had to pay a larger part out of pocket. I WAS LIVID. There was nothing I could do about it.

Good Luck getting this one figured out. I have learned that health insurance companies are really not on your side AT ALL!