PDA

View Full Version : Please help me shrink this!

BabbyO
01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
I ordered a company sweater last week for a trade show that I'm attending. Unfortunately when we order things we have to guess at sizing, we don't have anything to compare to or try on, and things can't be returned because they have our company logo on it.

Anyway, a few months ago I got some items in Medium and they were all smaller than what I usually get in Med size clothing. They work but are a bit more snug than I'd like.

So I ordered this cardigan in L...and it is big. If I could shrink it, even a little, it would work a lot better. Any ideas?

It is 6% cotton, 12% nylon, 2% spandex.

Thanks!

katydid1971
01-31-2013, 12:02 PM
I ordered a company sweater last week for a trade show that I'm attending. Unfortunately when we order things we have to guess at sizing, we don't have anything to compare to or try on, and things can't be returned because they have our company logo on it.

Anyway, a few months ago I got some items in Medium and they were all smaller than what I usually get in Med size clothing. They work but are a bit more snug than I'd like.

So I ordered this cardigan in L...and it is big. If I could shrink it, even a little, it would work a lot better. Any ideas?

It is 6% cotton, 12% nylon, 2% spandex.

Thanks!
What's the other 80%?
Cotton and spandex will shrink in the dryer but maybe not the way you want it. You might want to see if you can have it altered to fit better.

BabbyO
01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
What's the other 80%?
Cotton and spandex will shrink in the dryer but maybe not the way you want it. You might want to see if you can have it altered to fit better.

Oops...I copy/pasted from the description and didn't catch that they must have an error. I think it is actually 86% cotton. When I looked at the label the other day I'm certain it was mostly cotton.

boolady
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Sorry, this is not helpful, but my first thought was, "Let my DH wash and dry it for you. That'll shrink anything!" :rotflmao:

Eh, if you really want to try, I guess wash on hot and dry on medium, so that it doesn't shrink too much on the first go around?

BabbyO
01-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Sorry, this is not helpful, but my first thought was, "Let my DH wash and dry it for you. That'll shrink anything!" :rotflmao:

Eh, if you really want to try, I guess wash on hot and dry on medium, so that it doesn't shrink too much on the first go around?

Hehehehe! I like that. Just like if I want anything tie-dyed looking let my DH wash it!

Yeah, I was thinking hot wash and med/high dry, too. Just wondering if anyone else had some good tips!