PDA

View Full Version : Best Baby Bathtubs for Infants

midraper
01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey guys, my husband and I need a little bit of advice and info. We are new to this parenting thing but we are loving every second of it!! We have been bathing our new baby boy in the sink but we are kind of getting sick of it. We are looking for some advice on baby bathtubs and what you guys have liked and had success with! We found this website and liked that it said top rated safety bathtubs but weren't sure about the brands and stuff! Let us know what you guys use and if this website seems ok? Thanks for your help!!

http://www.squidoo.com/best-baby-bathtubs

Michelle Draper

lmh2402
02-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi, Michelle.

Congrats on your son! We have used the primo exclusively. Not cutsie, but best form & function, IMO.

Melaine
02-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Primo Eurotub is fab, I used it until the girls were at least 18 months old! That being said, I haven't used it at all with DS. I bathed him in a teeny baby tub, the cheap kind for the first month and since then have just showered with him. Gets the job done.

hellokitty
02-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Another vote for primo. All 3 kids.

DualvansMommy
02-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Primo bathtub! DS just graduated out of that tub at 20 months old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kaharris83
02-09-2013, 11:03 AM
None. We just hold our DS2 in the shower with us. No need to store a big bulky tub.

Liziz
02-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the boards! We're another "no baby bathtub" family here. We used the sink early on, like you, and now we either just use our regular bathtub, or take her into the shower. It's worked fine for us, and I love not having another bulky baby thing around the house.

ECUPirateMom
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
another primo tub faithful! we just like it because we don't have to use so much/fill up with water and we store ours right in the tub!

Sent from my SGH-T989

Snow mom
02-09-2013, 01:54 PM
We had a primo for DD but the thing was massive and hard to store. We actually stored it in our bathtub as we didn't have anywhere else to keep it. I ended up giving it away after DD outgrew it and the friend I gave it to moved it to FL so we clearly weren't getting it back. I got another tub recently and am looking forward to using it although I don't think it will last as long. This is the one we got: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Ocean-Wonders-Aquarium-Center/dp/B002C499CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360431974&sr=8-1&keywords=fisher+price+aquarium+bath
Again we got it for free. Some features I like are the drain, sling, and hanger for hanging from a shower rod. I'm sure it won't last as long as the primo did but since this is our second DC I'm hoping to start bathing them together once our DS is big enough to be in the tub with DD.

sweet_pea
02-09-2013, 03:15 PM
We started out with the First Years Sure Comfort (blue and green) because that's what someone gave me at my baby shower, but DD outgrew it relatively quickly and we ended up getting a Primo Eurotub. Yes, it is large but we keep it in our bathtub and it's only a minor annoyance to have to get it out before one of the adults showers. DD still fits in it and she's 3! I like that I don't have to use as much water and feel she's less likely to slip while sitting in the Primo. However, given her age, I think we'll stop using it in the near future.

jgenie
02-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Primo Eurotub!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

abh5e8
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
so does the primo go inside a sink, or the regular bath tub?

mikala
02-09-2013, 04:05 PM
We have a Fisher Price tub from a friend and I wouldn't buy it myself. The sling didn't work well for the newborn stage because baby was either too high up and had too much skin out of water, brrr, or too low and the little butt ridge rested against his lower back. The lip also makes it huge for storage. It gets the job done but I'd consider something else first.

For those that shower with baby, how do you sequence it? Do you even try to soap yourself up? How do you keep soap out of baby's eyes? How do you dry off yourself and baby quickly? I can see how it would be easy with two adults to just hand baby to the other parent to get dried and dressed but I haven't figured out a quick way to do it solo. Thanks!

kaharris83
02-09-2013, 04:31 PM
For those that shower with baby, how do you sequence it? Do you even try to soap yourself up? How do you keep soap out of baby's eyes? How do you dry off yourself and baby quickly? I can see how it would be easy with two adults to just hand baby to the other parent to get dried and dressed but I haven't figured out a quick way to do it solo. Thanks!

I've done it both by myself and with DH. With DH it is easier but even by myself I think it is quicker than a bath would be. Alone I've showered myself first while baby waited on my bed for me to get him. I've also just showered him and not washed my hair but done everything else while holding him. I have a ring sling for the water that I keep meaning to use in the shower.

Keeping the soap out of his eyes hasn't been a problem. I wash his back side first, turn him away from me and wash his front side, then turn him back to me and put the soap on his head and lean his head back into the water to rinse it off. He loves the shower. He can be totally upset and we get him into the shower and he immediately calms down and starts cooing. I usually use my hand to push the water back away from his face and over his head to keep soap from his eyes too. When I showerwith the kids alone I make sure to wrap them in towels first and then get my own towel, but I am planning to bring my robe in there next time because I realized it would help me get warmer and them dried more quickly than me fussing with my towel.