PDA

View Full Version : Riding toys, bikes for two year olds?

Sunspot
02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Our twins are outgrowing their sit and ride little tykes truck....what do you recommend that will keep them interested for awhile and lo not take too much space? We live in a city apartment and would use the bikes indoor right now and outside at the park....thanks!

Mikey0709
02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
The step 2 red motorcycle! My son rides it all throughout the house! He'll be 3 next month...even his big brothers try to ride it. Check out the reviews on amazon...tons of happy riders! 2 is the perfect age for it.

acmom
02-01-2013, 11:37 PM
The 2 that have gotten the most use from both my kids (4 and 2.5) are the plasma car and the Schwinn Roadster (a low trike). Both kids ride both regularly. We have always used the Schwinn roadster outside, but have used the plasma cars inside and out.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
02-02-2013, 02:13 AM
I second the plasma cars. They got them when they were 2 and have loved them ever since. They'll be 4 soon and definitely know how to wiggle the wheel to make them go, but most times they just like to ride them by using their feet to push because it's faster. They race them all around the house, I think they like them a lot because they have a smooth ride and are highly steerable.

They also got Maxi Kick scooters this past Christmas and are loving those too. If I had bought the scooters when they were only 2yo though I probably would have choosen the Mini Kick instead.

Their Strider balance bikes get a lot of love too.

Sunspot
02-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Great! Thanks. Does anyone have recommendations for radio flyer bikes? Wondering about the old up bikes...for space saving since we don't have much storage!

acmom
02-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Great! Thanks. Does anyone have recommendations for radio flyer bikes? Wondering about the old up bikes...for space saving since we don't have much storage!

Our local open gym has several of the fold up radio flyers (but they are older versions). Both my kids have trouble with them tipping a lot when they try to go fast or turn them. Not sure if the newer version is better, but based on what I've seen, I wouldnt go with one of those bc they are frustrating for my kids.