PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried bamboo towels? Reviews?

gatorsmom
02-02-2013, 01:28 PM
A local store near us has some towels they call their "luxury" line on sale. They are a bamboo/cotton blend with the bigger percentage being bamboo. It's a really good price but I know nothing about them.

The sales lady asked me as I was paying if I had tried bamboo before. She warned me that some people rave about them but some people like them less than 100% cotton because they claim the bamboo makes them less absorbent.

Anyone here ever tried them?

sunnyside
02-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I have them and love them. They were DKNY from Bed Bath and Beyond from ages ago. I can't find that style anymore. I like them because they are very absorbent and they aren't too thick, so you can actually use them. I used to always pick fluffy thick towels and pay through the nose for them, and now when my bamboo towels are dirty and I have to use something else, I'm bummed. And the alternatives I have aren't exactly junk.

I"m sure that quality varies, like with anything, but I've been happy with ours and have been watching for another set.

rin
02-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Never tried the towels, but I just got some bamboo socks and I love, love, love them. I would totally try bamboo towels!

vonfirmath
02-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Had the bamboo kitchen towels from Pampered Chef. Didn't think they were anything special.