PDA

View Full Version : When you asked if you could play golf Sunday morning...

ilfaith
02-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Dear DH, when you asked me whether you could play golf on Sunday morning, I said okay. I figured the boys had Sunday school anyway, so go and have a good time. See you in the afternoon.

I did not think that by "morning" you meant a tee time of 11:40 (I figured we were talking 8:30-9:00, not fifteen minutes before I picked up the boys from class)...so that you would be gone the entire afternoon.

And coming home after 5 is not acceptable when we are hosting a Super Bowl party this evening (for your friends), because this means that I am the one stuck cleaning up the house and getting everything ready by myself.

You told people to come at 5:30 and it is now 5:15 and you are not yet here (with the pizza and wings).

wellyes
02-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Well he is having a lovely day, isn't he?

ilfaith
02-03-2013, 06:27 PM
It wouldn't have been as bad if maybe he had thought to do the dishes or something while I was out with the boys this morning.

elliput
02-03-2013, 07:05 PM
It sounds like it is time for you to pop open a brew and secure your seating position for watching the game!

TwinFoxes
02-03-2013, 10:21 PM
It sounds like it is time for you to pop open a brew and secure your seating position for watching the game!

:yeahthat: I hope he enjoys post-party clean up.

niccig
02-04-2013, 02:38 AM

:yeahthat:

I've learned to ask what the time frame will be for something DH proposes first, then we can discuss what has to get done that today. He'll often want to do something that will take much longer than we have time for eg. we're by Costco so let's go there the morning of the SuperBowl, we can be in and out in an hour. Yeah, right!

Gracemom
02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
I think you should get next Sunday to yourself! And your DH should get the house ready for a girls night to watch Downton Abbey!

wellyes
02-04-2013, 10:22 AM
:yeahthat:

I've learned to ask what the time frame will be for something DH proposes first, then we can discuss what has to get done that today. He'll often want to do something that will take much longer than we have time for eg. we're by Costco so let's go there the morning of the SuperBowl, we can be in and out in an hour. Yeah, right!
Costco I can see a guy not getting, but, you shouldn't have to double check "morning golf" means 11:40, seeing how any adult who has ever golfed knows the games last 3-5 hours. I totally get the OP's irritation here.

ABO Mama
02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I sure hope he did all of the clean up. And he better of done a really good job of it too!

glbb35
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh! I would have been sooo angry! He plans a party and then goes away for the whole day? Wow. that takes some balls! I would be finding a day where you could completely do whatever you want. You deserve that. DH planned to have friends over for the game as well. He was up bright and early too helping me get ready.

I hope the party was fun for you. It often isn't being the host.

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 ,11