PDA

View Full Version : pet stains - what is the best cleaning product?

Nicsmom
02-03-2013, 07:09 PM
I have 1 dog and I am fostering another one, and I remember that a long time ago someone mentioned an excellent product to clean pet stains from carpet. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. Can anyone recommend something for this? Thank you so very much!

Nicsmom
02-04-2013, 02:16 PM
anyone?

LBW
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
There are a bunch of enzymatic cleaners out there, and they all seem to do a decent job in my experience. I usually buy whatever is cheapest. Nature's Miracle and Kids n' Pets are the two that I use most often.

YouAreTheFocus
02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
I have seen ppl mention Bio-Kleen Bac-Out on here, was that it? I haven't tried it myself, but I have it saved in shopping cart b/c of all the positive comments.

doberbrat
02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I've had great experience with nature's miracle and simple solution. Good for you for being a foster!

mmsmom
02-04-2013, 02:45 PM
I think you are probably remembering Nature's Miracle. It is great on pet and human stains and odors.

o_mom
02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Yep. Nature's Miracle or Bio-kleen Bac-Out. We have used both with great success. I will suggest, though, that with either one, cover the area with a damp towel for 24 hrs after you put the solution on the spot. That keeps the enzymes active and lets them work. If it dries out too quickly, it doesn't have time to break everything down. The Biokleen bottle says to do this, but the NM does not.

Nicsmom
02-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Thank you all!! Yes, I think it's Nature's Miracle. I'm going to buy it asap.

hellokitty
02-04-2013, 05:12 PM
They all do a great job. I have used hertz, bissell, pawganics (from sam's club, it's a two pk and a good price, I like to keep a bottle upstairs and downstairs), as well as simply green and they all worked well. Make sure that whatever you get, that the scent doesn't bug you, since it takes some time for it to dry.

kochh2
03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
we loved the kids and pets, but cant seem to find it anymore... where should i look??

o_mom
03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
we loved the kids and pets, but cant seem to find it anymore... where should i look??

Their website (http://www.kidsnpetsbrand.com/) says Walmart, but you can also use the store finder there.

sntm
03-21-2013, 05:27 PM
I have seen ppl mention Bio-Kleen Bac-Out on here, was that it? I haven't tried it myself, but I have it saved in shopping cart b/c of all the positive comments.

Love this. Works on naked baby pee too ;)

twowhat?
03-22-2013, 12:46 PM
I like Nature's Miracle. No scent. And love that you can get it in the gallon jug:) It has worked for us on everything, including watery diarrhea from a sick dog (several piles of it) on thick carpet that sat there for several hours while we were at work.

The only thing it has ever had trouble with is dog vomit stained with berry juice (i.e. purple dog vomit - it had trouble getting all the purple out but I imagine any cleaner would have had trouble with that since berries are very potent staining agents:)