PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take...

PunkyBoo
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
To get from the entry of the DL parking structure to inside the park on Main St.? We have reservations for character breakfast at 8:30 am on a Friday (non-holiday weekend) next month at the restaurant on main st. And I have no idea his much time we should allow for finding a parking spot, taking the tram, and getting in the gate. Any advice?

Tondi G
02-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Probably about 1/2 an hour. It really depends. If you happen to show up when there is a surge of people, you'll have to wait in line to pay for parking at the booth, then get up into the structure and be directed to a parking space... walk across the lot to the escalators. Might have to wait for a few trams to finally get on to one. then get off the tram, wait in line to have your bags checked, then wait in line to get through the turnstiles... then walk down main street to the restaurant.

lalasmama
02-05-2013, 12:16 AM
I'd plan for at least 30 minutes, possibly longer. My reasoning: Follow the PP's thought process about the parking... then add to it the fact that they are taking pictures of people as they come through the main gates (into DL or DCA) which is slowing things down... I freak out about being late, which means I would totally plan to be at the main gates (ie, parked, and through security) 30 minutes before my reservation!

PunkyBoo
02-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks for your responses! We're surprising the kids for Punkin's birthday so I guess we'll actually need to get them out the door earlier than we would for school.