PDA

View Full Version : How do I make the label for this valentine?

wencit
02-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I need help from you crafty mamas! I really want to do this adorable lion valentine but can't figure out how I'd do the little label on the side of the lollipop:

http://www2.fiskars.com/Crafting/Projects/Cards/Holiday/Hand-Crafted-Valentines#.URE1r2dCyBp

I tried doing them last year but couldn't find any sort of suitable sticker or blank label at Michael's. If I don't want to hand print, "You're grrreat," I need to run them through my printer too, right? For some reason, I am having a really hard time visualizing how I should do this.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

wendibird22
02-05-2013, 01:41 PM
It looks like from the online directions it was printed on decorative card stock and then cut out and taped/adhered to the stick. So you'd have to create the wording in Word and cut/paste it the # of times/size/orientation you'd want and run the card stock through the printer and then cut out. It looks like they left enough "tail" to wrap around the stick and adhere the paper to itself on the back side.

Dream
02-05-2013, 02:01 PM
That's so cute!! Is it for your DC's class?

wencit
02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
It looks like from the online directions it was printed on decorative card stock and then cut out and taped/adhered to the stick. So you'd have to create the wording in Word and cut/paste it the # of times/size/orientation you'd want and run the card stock through the printer and then cut out. It looks like they left enough "tail" to wrap around the stick and adhere the paper to itself on the back side.Oh, duh! Somehow I missed that it was printed on cardstock, even though I read the directions over and over about a million times! Thank you!

wencit
02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
That's so cute!! Is it for your DC's class?Yup! Crossing my fingers it turns out OK.

wendibird22
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Never hurts to have an extra set of eyes! I do that sort of thing all the time.

I bet they'll turn out so cute. I admire those of you with the creativity, time and interest. I'm sticking with store bought this year.