PDA

View Full Version : Wishes dessert party?

fivi2
02-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Has anyone done this? We just booked (the hotel not the dessert party) for August ( :) ) and I am planning. This will be our first attempt at staying up for fireworks! The reserved seating at Tomorroland terrace sounds good. Any opinions?

scrooks
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I thought it about it for our trip this past fall but I googled it and it seemed for the amount of money it was it wasn't worth it. I would love to hear a review of someone here who has actually gone though!

newnana
02-06-2013, 10:27 AM
We did not do it for our trip and when we walked through TL during another part of the day I was glad we had not. I could easily see why a lot of the reviews stated that you can't actually see most of Wishes because TL is covered and everyone has to crowd up by the fence area to see. If you are lucky enough to get a table out there, that would be better but you can't guarantee that. We've only been the once and it was this year. We saw the fireworks 3 times (all incidental, unplanned for us and spectacular additions to our trip)

Depending on your desire to see Tinkerbell, one of our absolute favorite spots to watch was the top of the train station at the entrance of the MK. Beautiful view and not too crowded. Plus if we wanted to make a fast departure, it would have been an excellent spot for that. We were on our way in for the Main St. Electrical parade, so that was poor planning, but it worked out beautifully. We couldn't see Tinkerbell from there.

The other spot we sat and watched was great adn good view of Tink and the castle, that was sitting on the curb on the far side of the circle leading up to the castle. We sat on the right where you can see Tink's zip line. Also an excellent spot. We were there about 30 minutes early to stake our spot, but there is a vendor right there with snacks so we grabbed some mickey ice cream bars and sat and enjoyed. Also a big time killer was the show where they light up the castle with different images from different movies. DD loved that. Can't remember what that is called.

Whatever you decide, have fun!!

egoldber
02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
We have never done this, but we did one of the boat rides at Epcot for Illuminations. It was AMAZING. Best seating imaginable and a truly memorable experience.

fivi2
02-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks! Seeing tinker bell is of highest importance (they saw her in dland and keep asking if she will fly again) . So I worry about paying for the dessert thing and then tink being canceled due to weather or something... thanks for the suggestions on other spots!

fivi2
02-06-2013, 10:47 AM
We have never done this, but we did one of the boat rides at Epcot for Illuminations. It was AMAZING. Best seating imaginable and a truly memorable experience.

Oooh... now I need to go google that... thanks!