PDA

View Full Version : 10 month old eating schedule

psimpson3-5
02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Can you please share a typical schedule for your 10 mth old including formula/BM? Also specifically what they eat?

DS doesn't seem to like textures much. He loves pretty much all baby food, but no "training meals" (made by Plum, Sprout, and Ella's Kitchen). He does like eating puffs, cheerios, and yogurt drops. He's not a big fan of cookies. He doesn't seem to like yogurt. He will eat shredded pieces of chicken and beef. Last night I tried giving him frozen peas - he didn't like them, but I then tried giving him some frozen corn, peas, carrots, and green bean mixed veggies that I microwaved to room temp. He seemed to be okay with them.

Also DS is BF and gets bottles of BM at daycare. I am curious how much he should be drinking per day as he only nurses for maybe 5 mins in the morning, and then drinks very little while at daycare maybe 1-3ozs at 10AM, another 1-3 ozs at 12PM, and then as much as 8 ozs around 3:30PM, then nurses for almost 15 mins around 8:30PM. The daycare staff tell me that he's just not interested in drinking until about 3PM.

emily
02-06-2013, 11:04 AM
I don't know how typical this is since DS (born March) weighs about 24lbs (he is proportionally big height-wise) but here's his schedule. He drinks about 30oz/day (5 bottles, 6oz ea). He was exclusively on BM until earlier this month. He has one bottle when he wakes up around 6AM, takes 3 bottles to daycare and takes a final bottle before going down for the night at 7PM. He also does 3 solids daily, usually Plum training meals or plain organic yogurt. He snacks on Plum Puffs also. I've tried to give him more soft table foods but he gags so much it scares me so we're a little behind on that, I feel. He gets water with "dinner", maybe an ounce or two. I nurse him on weekends so he probably gets less then since he doesn't get the formula supplement. At daycare they alternate milk then solids throughout the day.

Melaine
02-09-2013, 07:44 PM
My DS is 9.5 months. I figured I would answer this thread and maybe bump it up for more responses. Since he has MSPI, I'm always nervous about food and his tummy and changing things up so I'd like to see what other folks do too.
DS is exclusively breastfed. He is a terrible sleeper so he nurses throughout the night. He probably nurses 4 times in the day for a real feed and a time or two on top of that that are just quick "snack" comfort feeds.
He eats three meals a day when we are eating so about 7, 11:30 and 5. Actually, he is usually getting hungry so I often put him in his highchair about 4:30 while I am pulling together dinner for the rest of us. He eats mostly finger foods now. He likes to self-feed so much that he is turning his nose up at purees (which he liked fine up until a few weeks ago). For breakfast he eats bits of banana, steamed apples, avocado. For lunch and dinner he eats steamed: chopped apples, chopped sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, carrots. Sometimes I will try to give him some purees in between eating the other stuff but it's a battle. I feel like he's getting a lot of finger foods (I mean, he eats a TON) but TMI alert they are not being digested...at all. I know that is normal but I would prefer him to eat more purees at this age so I would feel like he was getting more of the good stuff. I'm not sure though! We are delaying grains (corn, rice, wheat, etc.) until he is at least 12 months old.

MSWR0319
02-09-2013, 08:39 PM
DS is also 9.5 months and I was wondering the same thing. I did ask at our last checkup and also his last pedi GI checkup (for MSPI) and one told me 20-24oz and the other told me 16-20oz. DS is getting mostly BM from a bottle but maybe 5oz of Elecare also. I would guess he's probably getting 25-30oz. He takes a bottle at about 7:30, then another one somewhere between 11:30 and 1, one about 4, and another right before bed. He also take one at night (sometimes two, but night feedings are nibbles and really just a habit that needs broke most of the time). He eats cereal and a fruit for breakfast, purees at lunch, and again at supper. He also gets some puffs and finger foods after his purees for practice since he just started really getting into them.

DS also does about the same thing as you described. He doesn't drink a whole lot till mid afternoon. Although here lately if I can keep him from eating at night then he'll drink decently in the morning.

queenmama
02-09-2013, 10:12 PM
DD is 9.5 months as well and is EBF. We've tried BLW but she's still not into it!

She nurses pretty much every 3 hours, though she can sometimes stretch it to 4. She does nurse through the night, too, which usually ends up being twice.

She's 23 lbs (!!!) and 29.5" and I know she doesn't need to nurse as much as she is, as far as meeting her nutritional needs, but I do enjoy our snuggles so I'm not in a hurry to cut back or force solids on her.

Lara

BabyBearsMom
02-09-2013, 10:29 PM
DD2 is 9.5 mos
6am 6oz formula
8:30am solids (waffle, bagel, English muffin, eggs or oatmeal. Small bites of fruit)
9:30 6oz formula
11:30 lunch (meats, cheese, breads, noodles, rice, veggies. Anything you would eat)
1:00 6oz formula
2:30 Snack (fruit, crackers etc)
4:00 6oz formula
6:00 dinner (whatever we eat for dinner)
7:00 6oz formula

We do all table foods, no baby foods or training meals. I give lots of fruits and veggies cut up small. She loves pasta. I just give her what we eat.

amldaley
02-09-2013, 11:18 PM
DD2 is now 11 months but her 10 month schedule was essentially the same.

0715 or so...nurse one side for 15-20 minutes

0800 ... solids breakfast...usually an egg or a cup of YoBaby yogurt, cheerios or toast and a serving of fruit

1030 or 1100...nurse one side 15-30 minutes

1230 or 1330...solids lunch...a protein, 1-2 veggies, cheerios or puffs, a fruit and 3 little cookies (9 is a full serving).

1430 or 1530 - nurse one side, 10-15 minutes

1630 or 1730 - nurse one side, 10-15 minutes

1730 or 1830 - solids dinner, protein, 1-2 veggies, bread or rice, fruit and cookies

1930 or 2030 - nurse one side, 10-15 minutes

2200 or 2300 - dreamfeed nurse one side...few minutes.

Proteins - eggs, yogurt, chicken, turkey, beef, shrimp, cheese, fish
Veggies - carrots, peas, green beans, avocado, corn, sweet potato, sometimes bit of brussels sprouts, aspargus or whatever we are eating.
Fruit - sliced or chopped berries, banana, apples, peaches, pears, mango

psimpson3-5
02-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all of your responses. This puts me at ease. I just wish he would eat more things other that baby food. Any suggestions how to get him to eat real food?

Melaine
02-22-2013, 07:21 AM
In my head I am remembering that I delayed citrus and strawberries due to possible allergies with the girls. Is that old advice (or poor memory on my part)? Can we do berries and citrus?

Philly Mom
02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
In my head I am remembering that I delayed citrus and strawberries due to possible allergies with the girls. Is that old advice (or poor memory on my part)? Can we do berries and citrus?

I did berries and citrus a bit before 9 months. I was not a mom who worried about that stuff though. I only kept her from honey until after one year and she has not had any peanut butter but that is because DH and I HATE it.

mikala
02-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Our pediatrician said we could try everything except honey when we started solids with DS2 after six months. I have only introduced it in small quantities because I remember the acids gave DS1 diaper rash but it seems to be fine.