PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Luvs Diapers

mommylamb
02-07-2013, 12:41 PM
We typically buy Huggies or Kirkland (Costco) diapers for DS2, but of course I'm always looking for the best deal and would be open to others. We tried Luvs once with DS1 when he was a baby, and they leaked. But I was a very inexperienced mom at the time (DS1 was really young) and I'm willing to give them another chance. So, what is your experience with Luvs?

mikala
02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I tried one package about two years ago and couldn't make it through the package. They gave DS a nasty diaper rash, leaked and had a strong fragrance. I'm curious to hear if others have better experiences.

I watch Baby Cheapskate for price drops on our favorites, currently Huggies and Seventh Gen. I used to like Target diapers too but had a lot of leaks the last time we tried them.

emily
02-07-2013, 01:28 PM
We were a pampers dry family until we switched to Luvs about 2+ years ago. Never had any issues. I preferred them over Huggies and Kirkland since they are "softer".

nfowife
02-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I only use Luvs. We switched over when DD1 was a toddler and I love them! I think they are way softer than Huggies, smell better and I haven't had any leakage problems. I like that they are pretty basic in terms of decoration so they don't show through clothes for the most part. And they are pretty cheap compared to pampers and huggies.

I just really like them and have used them for DS and now DD2. I prefer pampers swaddlers for newborns but after size 2, we are Luvs-only.

okinawama
02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
As far as disposables go, we only use Luv's. I have never had a leak and I actually prefer Luv's to other brands for night time use (just the other day I had one Luv's diaper left, but had some Huggies in my emergency car stash, I used the Huggies for day and saved the Luv's for night.).

hellokitty
02-07-2013, 04:36 PM
I always preferred luvs to pampers. They seemed to fit my kids better. We usually cloth diaper, but I would use sposies for night time.

BabyBearsMom
02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Luvs leaked on both my girls. Huggies is the only one that works for us

AnnieW625
02-07-2013, 06:36 PM
We have never used Luvs.

With DD1 we used Pampers Swaddlers (the non dry max ones), Pampers Cruisers (also non dry max, but their gave her a really bad rash from the dry weave material), and then Seventh Generation for the longest time. At the very end before she was potty trained we used Kirkland, or Huggies Supreme (now Little Movers). For night time we used Huggies Overnites, and later Pampers Easy Ups or Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers.

With DD2 we have used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, Huggies Pure & Natural, Huggies Little Movers, Huggies Snug N Dry, Seventh Generation, and Costco diapers. We also use a variety of cloth on the weekends, and overnight. She is wearing either cloth or Huggies Pull Ups now.

AustenFan
02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Though we mainly CD, we've tried every disposable out there for car trips/overnight/church nursery. Every time, I keep coming back to Pampers, which never leak for me. I just picked up a package of Luvs on vacation last month, and most of them worked okay (for daytime), but they were horrible overnight. Back to Pampers! I think it really depends on the size of your kiddo! :)

wellyes
02-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I like Luvs just fine. We buy them sometimes. I think they are similar to Pampers than Huggies, so, more suited to long skinny kids.

They are more likely to fail -- meaning the tab breaks off so you can't really use it. But they're also much cheaper and don't cause diaper rash (no drymax).

momm
02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
We tried a few in the beginning and then on, only ever used luvs. So much more economical, and honestly, no difference in terms of leaking and rashes, than the other brands.

tmahanes
02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't like the fragrance at all!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

queenmama
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Though we mainly CD, we've tried every disposable out there for car trips/overnight/church nursery. Every time, I keep coming back to Pampers, which never leak for me. I just picked up a package of Luvs on vacation last month, and most of them worked okay (for daytime), but they were horrible overnight. Back to Pampers! I think it really depends on the size of your kiddo! :)

I think it must! DD is a chubby baby... huge thighs, the whole bit... We've tried everything and Luvs are the only disposables that prevent her from having blowouts.

I don't like the fragrance at all!

I do agree with this. I hate the fragrances in all sposies, though. They are either too powdery or smell of something I really don't want against my baby's skin.

I know they're not for every family, but I am so thankful to be able to CD. I don't worry about blowouts or nasty chemicals.

Lara

AngB
02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
DS1 did ok with his first pack of Luvs but then the 2nd he got a horrible rash from it. He has a pretty sensitive butt though. None of the suedecloth in cloth diapers as well as several other brands of diapers, he does okay now in Huggies and Costco brand and Pampers was okay for the most part except for the 'baby dry' kind.

teresah00
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I haven't tried them since my 7yo was a baby. They gave her a rash and I couldn't stand the smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waitingforgrace
02-07-2013, 11:06 PM
They are made by P&G who also makes pampers. If you don't like pampers it's unlikely you would like Luvs.

I've never used them, I use Target up&up for "cheap" diapers.

daisyd
02-08-2013, 03:51 PM
I like them! No issues with leaks, rash or odor. There less expensive which is a huge plus. We've also tried Huggies, Pampers, 7th gen, Kirkland as well. We liked the last 2 but drymax caused rash and overnites had tabs that rip off easily. We still buy these other brands when I find a bargain.

AJP
02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
We were strictly a pampers swaddlers family when my girls were young and moved to Luvs after size 3 for about 5 months. They worked well for us for that time - no leaks, and I loved how thin they were. Then both girls got a horrible yeast rash and we had to switch to huggies pure and natural. All of my kids have sensitive skin so we had to stick to the P &N.