PDA

View Full Version : Simple first birthday party activity?

Liziz
02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
DD is almost 1 year! :47:

We're planning a super simple low key birthday party for her. It will just be grandparents and our closest local friends. Other than DD, there will be two other little ones -- another just under a year, and one about 18 months.

I'd like to have one simple but fun "activity" for the little ones -- nothing terribly structured or complicated, but something to make the day feel a bit more like a party. An example of the type of thing I'm thinking of is a small ball pit for the kids to play in. However, the family of the about to turn 1 yo that will be at the party is planning to do that for their little girl's party later in the month, and I'd feel like a jerk to "steal" their idea, so that's out.

Please help -- any ideas of what this "activity" could be? Thank you!!!

wellyes
02-09-2013, 06:39 PM
An activity for an 11 month old, 12 month old and 18 month old?
I truly think kids that age won't care, so, whatever would be a fun photo op for parents. Face painting? Party hats? I guess you could put out an aquadoodle and some paint brushes.

teresah00
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
A tunnel? A small indoor slide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liziz
02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the ideas -- I'll look into the tunnel...DD has recently discovered how to wriggle under anything and loves to do it, so that might be fun. I know that at this age the kids won't really care, but I still just want a little something to make it special (yes, more for the parents I'm sure!).

wellyes
02-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the ideas -- I'll look into the tunnel...DD has recently discovered how to wriggle under anything and loves to do it, so that might be fun. I know that at this age the kids won't really care, but I still just want a little something to make it special (yes, more for the parents I'm sure!).
If you have an IKEA nearby - they have those tunnels pretty cheap (under $15 I think). You will get many years of use out of it!

SnuggleBuggles
02-10-2013, 10:25 AM
A cool cake (homemade if you can swing it!) and a photo banner of baby through the year makes it super special and birthday-y. :). I simply had some good pics printed, mounted them on colored card stock, punched holes in the paper, threaded the paper on ribbon. Sounds tedious but I am not crafty and did it in an hour.

candaceb
02-10-2013, 05:19 PM
what about a bubble machine?