PDA

View Full Version : Video baby monitor recs?

NewMom2007
02-11-2013, 11:01 PM
I need to upgrade our current audio monitor b/c it has very limited range and I won't be able to hear the baby when I'm outside playing with his brothers.

I haven't bought a monitor for 6 years, so need some guidance. Looking for something with great range and bonus points for being able to view using my Android phone.

What do you recommend? If you have one that isn't great, please share that, too.

Thanks!

KonzaPrairie
02-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't think you can use it with an android, but I *LOVE* the Angelcare motion/video/sound monitor we have. I know some people think the motion sensor is overboard but it's such peace of mind to look at it and know DD's breathing! I think video and sound quality are excellent. I haven't used any other monitors so can't compare. It also has a timer function that I love and I set it whenever I put DD down for a nap so I know exactly how long she's been sleeping for. I live in a townhome community and have been able to use it in my neighbor's houses, both those attached to mine and across the driveway, so not exactly sure what the range is but it's been good enough for me!

swissair81
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
I have the Withings Smart Baby monitor. I don't know about Android, but I bought it because I could use it with my iPhone. I bought it in the Apple store because for some reason it was cheaper there than on amazon

marymoo86
02-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I really like my Lorex Live Snap. You can have multiple cameras up to 4 with one monitor.

If I were going to do something different, I would probably figure out how to hook up the Foscam IP camera. I've heard good things from the board and my neighbor about it.