PDA

View Full Version : Hello secret belly panel, my long-lost friend...

sarahsthreads
02-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm only 12 weeks (either today or Thursday, depending on whose dates you believe) and I'm already breaking out the maternity pants. I've LOST 5 or 6 pounds since the positive HPT (best diet plan ever: feel sick whenever you attempt to eat food of any sort) but by mid-afternoon I have to unbutton my pants or I feel like I'm going to die.

Really? 12 weeks?

I feel ridiculous.

Sarah :)

georgiegirl
02-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Well it is #3. I gained back the 5 lbs I lost initially but can still fit into my jeans at almost 14 weeks. But I'm glad to change into yoga pants at the end of the day.

brittone2
02-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm only 12 weeks (either today or Thursday, depending on whose dates you believe) and I'm already breaking out the maternity pants. I've LOST 5 or 6 pounds since the positive HPT (best diet plan ever: feel sick whenever you attempt to eat food of any sort) but by mid-afternoon I have to unbutton my pants or I feel like I'm going to die.

Really? 12 weeks?

I feel ridiculous.

With my third I was measuring 4-5 weeks ahead around 14-15 weeks. Even though I had an early US at 9-10w, they sent me in for a twin check. My uterus was apparently just really excited to do it all over again ;)

Things evened out later, but yeah, I showed early with my third. I always carry pretty big though. I'm short and have a short torso and look full term by 25 w or so. I always got funny looks when people would ask when I was due, and they did the math mentally while looking at me. They seemed to pity me that I always had so much longer to go even though I was already huge.

sarahsthreads
02-12-2013, 10:55 AM
See, that's the weird bit. I wouldn't say I'm showing at all. I mean, I'm kind of on the heavy side already, and if I put on a maternity top (the kind meant to emphasize the bump) I look pregnant even while not pregnant.

Definitely no discernible baby bump showing at this point.

Ah, well. I guess it's not any different than going out and buying larger pants. And unlike yoga pants, at least these have pockets for my cell phone! It just feels slightly demoralizing...

brittone2
02-12-2013, 11:08 AM
See, that's the weird bit. I wouldn't say I'm showing at all. I mean, I'm kind of on the heavy side already, and if I put on a maternity top (the kind meant to emphasize the bump) I look pregnant even while not pregnant.

Definitely no discernible baby bump showing at this point.

Ah, well. I guess it's not any different than going out and buying larger pants. And unlike yoga pants, at least these have pockets for my cell phone! It just feels slightly demoralizing...

Ah, roomy is still good. I think your uterus even when it is still small early on can displace other organs, making you "bigger" iykwim. Embrace the hidden panel :) Congrats again BTW!! :cheerleader1:

spannaz
02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
I hear ya!! I'm 13 weeks and had to buy maternity jeans this past weekend. Couldn't do up the button on them and by the afternoon, the zipper had to be undone :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MamaMolly
02-12-2013, 01:35 PM

WHAT? Shut up!!!!!!. No way no how is it a bad thing. I think if you are 30 minutes pregnant you should be allowed to hop into the stretchy belly panel pants. Demoralizing is what happens when you are still longing for them when your youngest is almost 3 :bag

sarahsthreads
02-12-2013, 01:50 PM
WHAT? Shut up!!!!!!. No way no how is it a bad thing. I think if you are 30 minutes pregnant you should be allowed to hop into the stretchy belly panel pants. Demoralizing is what happens when you are still longing for them when your youngest is almost 3 :bag

:rotflmao:

How's that saying go? 9 months to put it on, 9 years to take it off? (Fair or not, I still blame most of my squishy belly on my first pregnancy.)

sarahsthreads
02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I hear ya!! I'm 13 weeks and had to buy maternity jeans this past weekend. Couldn't do up the button on them and by the afternoon, the zipper had to be undone :p.

Yep, that's totally where I was. Undo the button by lunch time, undo the zipper by dinnertime.

Kind of embarrassing when I got back from dropping the kids off at CCD yesterday afternoon and realized I hadn't remembered to do the button back up. :bag

That's when I asked DH to dig the bin of maternity clothes out of the basement for me.

sunshine873
02-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm right there with you. I have a belly, but really think I'm just looking overweight, unless I'm wearing something tight - then it looks more like a bump. I was 12 weeks yesterday until I had my NT ultrasound and they decided my dating was off and changed my due date to 18 Aug. So, now I'm 13 weeks. :)

Anyway, the beloved belly-panel is truly such a relief. Oh, and things are definitely different this time than last time around because my underwear was driving me crazy! My normal underwear was riding below my bump and rubbing on my c-section scar - totally uncomfortable. I went this weekend and bought maternity underwear too! This stuff sits a little higher on my belly, yet still fits my backside appropriately. Ahhhhhh. ;)

spannaz
02-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Sunshine! We're only a day apart- I'm August 19 😊.

TxCat
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Whatever. I got back into maternity pants at 10 weeks!!! If you want to talk about demoralizing, let's talk about that. I don't think I was even wearing maternity wear until 18 weeks or so the first time around. I can sort of still fit into a few pairs of regular jeans with the bella band on, but my Pea in the Pod bella bands still can get too tight, and tight on the belly makes the nausea that much worse. Despite the nausea and throwing up, I have not lost any weight. Working out makes me more nauseated, so I haven't been working out, and I eat whatever I can eat at that moment so it's a combo of healthy (salads) and super unhealthy (french fries, jolly rancher candies).

BTW, we're going to have a bunch of babies due around the same time - I'm August 16th.

georgiegirl
02-13-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm aug 15! I'm afraid to wear maternity pants because I will be out for sure!

sunshine873
02-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Sunshine! We're only a day apart- I'm August 19 😊.

I just spent 2 minutes trying to figure out how to push the like button on this. ;). Ahhh, can I blame that on baby brain? Looks like we're going to have quite a few August babies on the BBB! I will be ecstatic if I make it to Aug before having this one!

georgiegirl
02-13-2013, 07:15 PM
I just spent 2 minutes trying to figure out how to push the like button on this. ;). Ahhh, can I blame that on baby brain? Looks like we're going to have quite a few August babies on the BBB! I will be ecstatic if I make it to Aug before having this one!

It seems like there's a bunch of us within a week. I bet you will go first. My first two were due date babies (spontaneous labor), so I expect to have mine on Aug 15. I will probably be the last of the group...lol.

sarahsthreads
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Nope, I'll probably be the last, because my official due date is 8/28. Though I do tend to deliver early - 5 days before my due date with DD1, 9 days with DD2, and I'm hoping for that trend to continue!

spannaz
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Yay August babies!! I think Todzwife is also August 😊. I have no idea when I could possibly deliver since I'm a FTM. Feel like I'm learning a lot from your ladies already 😄.