PDA

View Full Version : birthday girl distributing favors, is this weird?

diamond
02-12-2013, 05:32 PM
My dd id turning 4 soon. She's goes to a dance class once a week and there are 5 girls in get class. I am thinking of giving small favors to her classmates. Life the piggy back paint sets from Walmart afterChristmas. We don't really know the girls very well. Do you think thus pdf ok or not necessary? Or would it look weird for the birthday girl distributing favors? TyTy

SnuggleBuggles
02-12-2013, 05:33 PM
It wouldn't be weird, just really unnecessary. If you want to, go for it. But don't feel obligated to do it.

AnnieW625
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
I would bring cookies or another snack for the class vs. a treat bag to hand out at the end of class to celebrate her birthday.

kristenk
02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
I'd probably skip it. I don't think it's expected at all.

I like the idea of piggy paint, but then I imagine the bottle dropping and spilling nail polish all over the place. (Which happened with me and a bottle of nail polish less than an hour before DH and I were supposed to leave for BIL's wedding. Cleaning up nail polish all over a tile floor AND DH = not fun.) I don't think I'd give nail polish to 3s and 4s.

I don't really like the idea of cookies or treats, either. It's not really expected in a dance class. I know that DD's dance teachers allow treats on certain days (Christmas party and end of year party) but in general like to keep food OUT of the studio.

I'd just skip it.

cntrymoon2
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd probably skip it. I don't think it's expected at all.

I like the idea of piggy paint, but then I imagine the bottle dropping and spilling nail polish all over the place. (Which happened with me and a bottle of nail polish less than an hour before DH and I were supposed to leave for BIL's wedding. Cleaning up nail polish all over a tile floor AND DH = not fun.) I don't think I'd give nail polish to 3s and 4s.

I don't really like the idea of cookies or treats, either. It's not really expected in a dance class. I know that DD's dance teachers allow treats on certain days (Christmas party and end of year party) but in general like to keep food OUT of the studio.

I'd just skip it.

I'd skip it, too. I had to clean up a spilled bottle of Piggy Paint and it was a nightmare. Permanently ruined the clothes it got on.

diamond
02-12-2013, 08:26 PM
i was not thinking of opening them, more sort of wrapping as a gift and giving to girls to take home. thats why it felt sort of weird to me ty

TwinFoxes
02-12-2013, 09:33 PM
When DDs turned two they happened to have their "gym" class that day. I brought bubbles for all their classmates (I think 6 kids). But we weren't having a party at all, and I wanted something special. But bubbles are super cheap, and they were only 2. I think your plan is fine, but I don't think it's really done, you know?

SASM
02-13-2013, 12:55 AM
As others stated, it isn't necessary, especially since you do not really know the children. That being said, when my DC's were younger we did not have birthday parties for them. I would give a little treat/gift to whatever "activity friends" we ran into on their bday. We also do not live near family...I think I would see things differently if we did live near close family and friends. If you do want to give them a little something, I think Piggy Paint is still a little too elaborate, especially at that age. I would buy a 4-pk of magic wands from Target for $1 in the party supply aisle. DD2 still LOVES those wands...we gave one of her spares to a 3yo on the plane behind us on our last trip. ;) Also down that aisle are little plastic rings...another huge hit with DD. That plus a little pack of natural fruit snacks would be plenty. Happy bday to your DD. :)