PDA

View Full Version : Filling base of little tikes bball hoop?

acmom
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
We have the little tikes basketball hoop and now that we have raised it for DC, it keeps falling over. I want to fill the base with something so it isn't so top heavy, but am not sure if I should do water, sand or something like rice. Anyone done this?

elbenn
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I think lots of people fill basketball hoop bases with water because it's easy to let the water out if you want to move the basketball hoop.

urquie
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Ours is outside and we used water.

mousemom
02-12-2013, 10:39 PM
We have ours in the basement and didn't really want water in it. We also didn't want to fill it with sand, since we may move it outside in warmer weather. So, we have bags of sand (inside garbage bags to contain any leaks) sitting on each side of the base.

SoCalMommy
02-13-2013, 03:18 AM
We have ours inside and right now it isn't filled with anything, but I dont want sand inside. What about dried pinto or kidney beans?

IansMom
02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Ours is inside and we fill it with water.

acmom
02-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Do you have to change th water periodically so it doesn't grow anything gross in there? We actually have 2 - one in the basement and one outside. I plan on filling the outside one with water in the spring bc it will be easy to fill and dump. But I am not so sure about the basement one bc we have no water or drain access in the basement.

Thought about rice or beans too....just wasn't sure if I would attract critters of any kind.