PDA

View Full Version : DS1 doesn't play with toys anymore :(

willow33
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Just a little sadness vent from me :( DS1 turns 10 this week and I took him to Target yesterday to use his birthday gift cards. He picked out a nerf refill and then asked to go to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy some Nike or Under Armour clothes. I guess it just hit me really hard yesterday that he is growing up WAY too fast. I can remember the moment he was born and now it's 10 years later...CRAZY! Thanks for listening :)

brittone2
02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
We are in the same boat here. Turning 9.

He asked for a starter electronics soldering kit (lead free solder ;) ) for his bday, an mp3 player, some books like Backyard Ballistics. DH and I are giving him a telescope. He still plays with Lego, but that's about it for toys. He's enjoying Lego Mindstorms from Christmas. Thankfully he still plays a bit with his siblings, mostly just silly chasing kinds of games.

queenmama
02-13-2013, 02:33 PM
I know the feeling. Henry turns 13 in June! When I started coming here he was 2 and I was looking for strollers for him! :(

I'm thankful he still plays with his toys. Legos, various action figures, anything Star Wars, Harry Potter, Doctor Who... even his old Imaginext pirate ship that he's probably had since 2nd grade... He's definitely showing signs of growing up, but I am certainly not going to encourage him. ;)

Lara

Tondi G
02-13-2013, 03:49 PM
I hear ya! I have an 11 (almost 12 yr old).... been coming here since I was preggo with him! This Christmas he got a cooling mat for his Laptop, a headset for his laptop, some books, an airsoft pistol and target, and some video games. My little boy isn't such a little boy anymore! he will still sometimes play with Legos or will run around with his little brother and some neighborhood kids with nerf or light strikers. It's bittersweet isn't it.