PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party at CPK: what and how much do I feed the adults?

Aishe
02-13-2013, 04:20 PM
We're having dd's birthday party at California Pizza Kitchen. They do the parties before the restaurant officially opens, so it will run from 9:30 to 11 am. The kids will make individual pizzas and have ice cream sundaes for dessert. What do I feed the adults? CPK doesn't have any breakfast items. I asked the manager if the adults actually eat pizza at that hour, and she said they seem to get hungry watching the kids, so yes, we should have something for them. I am expecting about 10 adults. How much should I expect them to eat? Would 3 pizzas be enough? I don't remember how big CPK pizzas are. Or should I do a sandwich platter (which feeds 8-10)? I'm thinking at that hour this is more of a snack for them than a full meal. I don't really like CPK food so having leftovers is not terribly appealing (although I guess my kids would happily eat leftover pizza). I don't want to order a bunch of food that just goes to waste, but I want to be a good host. Any thoughts? Has anyone been to a CPK party? We've never been so this is all new to us.

TwinFoxes
02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
I would prefer the sandwich platter as a guest. I am sick of pizza at birthday parties.

ett
02-13-2013, 04:51 PM
I would prefer the sandwich platter as a guest. I am sick of pizza at birthday parties.

:yeahthat: I think the sandwich platter would be better at that hour and more appealing to adults.

vludmilla
02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
I've been to a party at CPK and they had a sandwich platter and a large salad. I really appreciated the food and it was pretty good. I'd go for the sandwiches.