PDA

View Full Version : My poor baby's clogged up

WatchingThemGrow
02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
DS2 (3.5) has had some issues with #2 since we moved into moldy house #3 in Oct. We couldn't use 2 of the bathrooms , and although he was peeing in the the master bedroom potty on a tree in the backyard ;) , he wasn't "going" there. He was having little squirts on average 6-7 times/day. This continued when we moved out and has still been going on. Pediatrician had us do a cleanout with Miralax, then give a capful a day. Then we did another, and last week, she sent us for an x-ray. She said we'd do another cleanout then see how it goes. I opted for just doing the cleanout and calling her back. Yesterday, I was worried and fed up with blowing through a billion diapers daily on a kid who has been dry for months. We got an x-ray, and the results showed that his colon has hard stool all the way through it, and his poor little rectum is dilated 6cm. :eek: We're doing a bigger (6 capful in 32 oz) cleanout today with a 4 capful follow tomorrow. We're making an appt (for a month from now) with the constipation clinic down the road, but she thinks we may be able to cancel it before then if he can get cleaned out, x-rayed to confirm it's all gone, then back to normal. He was going normally before we had all this moving drama where we moved 4x in 4 mos. :(

Anyway...prayers are appreciated! We'd like to get him back to normal with all his parts functioning properly without anything more invasive happening. I'd love to have read that book "it's no accident" but I know I wouldn't be able to read it all right now.

HonoluluMom
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Oh, poor thing - I hope the cleanout works! Sending positive thoughts your way!

ourbabygirl
02-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! I've heard about this happening with kids; it must be so scary and uncomfortable for your little guy!
P & PTs that it works soon and he's able to get all cleaned out! ;)

crl
02-13-2013, 10:31 PM
I hope he is feeling better soon!

Catherine

Momit
02-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Poor little guy. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Melaine
02-14-2013, 09:03 AM
That's awful! I hope you guys get some relief soon! Have you thought about chiropractic?

MamaMolly
02-14-2013, 09:21 AM
P&PT mama! I hope he's all clear and back to normal soon.