PDA

View Full Version : Kohls Charge questions

PMJ
02-14-2013, 07:31 AM
If you have a KC, how often do you get Mailer coupons in the mail? I know they say it is 12 times a year, but I definitely do not get them that frequently. I try calling them etc and they don't know what is up.

On another note, how often do you get the 30% off coupons? I've never got one before. And do you need the actual coupon to make a purchase in store?

Momit
02-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I feel like their mailings go in spurts. Sometimes there's one practically every week, then I go a while without getting one. It seems to me that they alternate the % off - one time I'll have 20% off, then 15, then 30 and so on. I have shopped in-store without the coupon if I stop in and don't have it with me. I can't recall for sure if they just automatically give you the highest discount that's out there but it kind if seems that they do.

I'm not a Kohl's expert or frequent shopper, others will probably chime in with more info. I do think the card is worth having even though I don't shop there really often.

lhafer
02-14-2013, 08:14 AM
:yeahthat: I have the same experience. I wait for 30% off coupons, and don't shop there much anyway. They have given me 30% off before when I didn't have my coupon though. It's the only store cc I have. I really like the hassle free returns when using their card.

Mommy_Mea
02-14-2013, 08:24 AM
it definitely goes in spurts, I actually just got one yesterday after a long drought. I usually check to see if it is 30%, and if it isn't,I just say I forgot my coupon and they give me 30%, never had an issue with it. But I have maybe done this 3 times? I am not a frequent Kohls shopper...

LKMang
02-14-2013, 08:25 AM
my latest strategy is to wait for a 30% code to come up, then buy online (the 30% off is usually a generic code and there is almost always a free ship code with it). i buy up, then return what i don't end up keeping. i seriously only shop at kohls because their return policy is so great. It's the only store credit card i have.

wellyes
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
my latest strategy is to wait for a 30% code to come up, then buy online (the 30% off is usually a generic code and there is almost always a free ship code with it). i buy up, then return what i don't end up keeping. i seriously only shop at kohls because their return policy is so great. It's the only store credit card i have.
This is what I typically do too.

I get 30%s a few times a year. I don't think it is random. I think MVC customers get them a lot more often. You do need the physical coupon to use it in the store.

hellokitty
02-14-2013, 09:23 AM
This is what I typically do too.

I get 30%s a few times a year. I don't think it is random. I think MVC customers get them a lot more often. You do need the physical coupon to use it in the store.

:yeahthat: My friend was MVC and would get tons of 30% off coupons. I only get 30% off coupons maybe 3x a yr. Those of you who can go to the store w/o one and get 30% off are lucky. I have forgotten mine before and they just pluck out one of the scratch/peel off kind from under the counter and whatever is under there (usually 15%) is what you get. Like a pp, I basically just order online, since 30% codes are easy to get, but the actual 30% coupons are not easy to come by, esp for a non MVC shopper, like me. I actually got my zojirushi bread maker for a REALLY good price, when it went on sale on their website and using a 30% off code on top of it.

liz
02-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Lately I have been getting 15% off coupons-but there was a stretch that I was getting 30 % off all the, so I was getting spoiled! Now, most of the time if I need something I will try to buy online using a 30% off code. If I need something instore, the associate will give me the lowest % off (15%) even if I don't have a coupon. FYI, I have a Kohls charge.

amatahrain
02-14-2013, 07:11 PM
I usually get at least 1 per month. The %'s are usually 20% or 30%. I also get the pick your day pass for an extra 15% (I think this is quarterly). I am also signed up for their emails so I get pretty good offers through that too.