PDA

View Full Version : Container Store Multi-Purpose Bins on sale *DEAD*

jam224
02-14-2013, 10:58 AM
It's back!! The multi-purpose bins are on sale again at The Container Store! :boogie:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/workSmartOfficeSale/fileStorage?productId=10022942&N=80063

The small is $2.69, medium is $3.29, large is $3.99, and the extra large is $4.99. To know the awesomeness that is these bins, check out last year's thread:
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=425865

Personally, I have a couple in the bottom of my freezer drawer and LOVE that purpose! They're the perfect fit and I can store frozen veggies in one bin and frozen fruit in another. Makes it SO easy to find what I need!

ETA: Sale ends March 24th!!

iowavb
02-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Is the online too? No stores near but I need some organization in my life :)

Minnifer
02-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes, online too! So funny I was going to post about this yesterday but didn't get the chance. I became a multi-purpose bin fan thanks to this board, and I *love* these things!

elbenn
02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
I was going to start a thread about whether they would be having this sale again. I got some last year and I want more! They are awesome. I'm totally going to use some to organize my freezer. Great idea!

hillview
02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank you!!

daphne
02-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Which size do you use for your freezer? We have a lower, 2-level pull drawer and the bottom part always becomes disorganized.

lmr1101
02-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Am I asking too much for someone to post pictures of their freezers using these bins???
I recently got one of the bottom freezers and would love to use these if I can see how they would work for me. :bowdown:

justlearning
02-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Am I asking too much for someone to post pictures of their freezers using these bins???
I recently got one of the bottom freezers and would love to use these if I can see how they would work for me. :bowdown:

As I've posted before, I have tons of multipurpose bins throughout our house and love them. I tried putting them in our bottom freezer but they won't fit in mine. Our freezer has two baskets in it--the bottom basket is deeper but not deep enough for the height of the multi-purpose bin (none of the sizes because they all are the same height). I do use them in our freezer chest in the garage.

jam224
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM

Happy to! :wavey: We have a modestly sized LG fridge and 2 of the Medium sized bins fits PERFECTLY in one half of our freezer:

TOP VIEW
http://oi46.tinypic.com/i2snlz.jpg
Frozen veggies//frozen fruit//meat & cheese

SIDE VIEW
http://oi45.tinypic.com/5uls05.jpg

HTH!

Suebell
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM
I was debating getting some, but posting your freezer pics has put me over the edge! lol. I NEED those in my freezer. Thanks so much for posting ladies!

anonomom
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Time to stock up! Thanks, OP.

mypa
02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
I have a side by side fridge/freezer and can also fit two bins side by side on the freezer shelf for all the loose bags of stuff. I can pull each bin out as needed, it's so convenient.

nabigus
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Anyone know how long the sale is supposed to last?? I just signed up for their mailing list and I'm waiting for that 10% coupon to appear in my email.

If anyone packs reusable containers for kid lunches, these things are perfect for organizing all the different little %&$#^*%^$ containers and lids. For instance, the Klip-It containers fit perfectly, width-wise, in a medium bin. So I have a bin with a vertical stack of these:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10021677&N=&Ns=p_sort_default|0&Ntt=klip+it
and another vertical stack of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Sistema-6-7-Ounce-Containers-3-Pack-Clear/dp/B002KKCLM8/ref=sr_1_9?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1360939357&sr=1-9&keywords=klip+it

and then all the lids (which are interchangeable for these two sizes), put in vertically in a row.

zukeypur
02-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks so much for posting this!!!! My goal for this spring is to better organize my kitchen. I am buying a TON of these for the deep freeze.

babyonway
02-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Anyone know how long the sale is supposed to last??

I was wondering the same thing.

elbenn
02-15-2013, 11:29 AM
I have a side by side fridge/freezer and can also fit two bins side by side on the freezer shelf for all the loose bags of stuff. I can pull each bin out as needed, it's so convenient.

What size bins are these?

mypa
02-15-2013, 02:46 PM
What size bins are these?

One large and one medium can fit side by side on a shelf in my freezer with a few inches allowance for the cold air to circulate.

jam224
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Anyone know how long the sale is supposed to last??

I just called my local store and he said the sale ends March 24th. Plenty of time! :thumbsup:

Also, on the subject of organizing kitchens: if you have a lower blind corner cabinet like I do, pick up one of these awesome, huge lazy susans:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen/cabinetOrganizers/lowerCabinets?productId=10007987&N
It will CHANGE.YOUR.LIFE. Love it!! :D

mom2baileys
02-15-2013, 08:47 PM
jam224 - any chance you could post a pic of this in use? I have 2 of those blind corners and wondering how to make them more useful.

babyonway
02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Do they sell shorter ones (and if so do they go on sale?) My pantry shelves are only 10 inches :(

zukeypur
02-16-2013, 06:40 PM
I didn't see any shorter ones, but the shoe boxes might work.

ckso
02-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Do they sell shorter ones (and if so do they go on sale?) My pantry shelves are only 10 inches :(

I'm super bummed these don't fit in our kitchen cabinet. They're the perfect height but about an inch or so too long. I tried looking at other stuff but they don't have anything that's similar height

baileygirl
02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
I think I remember people using these for cans too? If so, what size fits cans?

justlearning
02-16-2013, 09:43 PM
I think I remember people using these for cans too? If so, what size fits cans?.
I use large for cans--fits two 15 Oz. cans side by side plus two high. I posted pics in the thread that the OP linked to.

I have the large size all overr my house. My second favorite is the small (just have a few of those, though). I keep a small in my pantry with hair gel and squirt bottle for my boys. Works so much better than me having to go upstairs to help with their hair.

abh5e8
02-16-2013, 11:41 PM
any free shipping options? i could so use some of these.

KrisM
02-17-2013, 12:51 PM
I ordered a bunch last year and have almost used them all. I just used 5 of the large to hold empty dvd cases. We keep DVDs in a folio, but want to keep the cases as well. So, they're now on top of book cases in the basement and look fine there.

And, I just created a 'homework drawer' in the kitchen - supplies that are needed for homework that won't be used for crafting. I had to move sandwich cutters and used a medium container for that and put it next to the lunchbox container, so that works well.

I finally used a bunch in the pantry a couple weeks go as well and that's working really well.

So, it took me nearly a year, but now I've used almost all I ordered. I got about 40 total :). Should I replenish for the next year?

I only found 1 use for the XL and am glad I just have the 1. I use very few of the small and won't need more. I only have 1 each of medium and large left.

jam224
02-17-2013, 05:39 PM
jam224 - any chance you could post a pic of this in use? I have 2 of those blind corners and wondering how to make them more useful.

Haha, sure! My BCC is kind of wonky, in that I do have a pull-out shelf, but it's only on the open half of the cabinet. Before I got the lazy susan, things would get shoved and lost in the back of the cabinet; it wasn't useful at all. Now I have:
-- the huge lazy susan (http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen/cabinetOrganizers/lowerCabinets?productId=10007987&N) in the corner, which has my large serving platters, the can opener, the Magic Bullet, and the Zoku
-- 2 multi-purpose bins in the back (1 medium, 1 large), which contains various cooking oils and spices I don't need access to often
-- and a small plastic basket up front (a Target purchase), which has some Zoku accessories and recipe book.
I have to pull out the small basket to get things off the lazy susan, but that's not a big deal at all. Hope this helps!
http://oi48.tinypic.com/10ftitt.jpg http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rdxeok.jpg

Oh, and if anyone happened to get the Leapfrog flash cards from the dollar section at Target last month, the Large Hinged Box (http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10032173&N) is the PERFECT size for them! (And I happened to laminate them with the Amazon special from December, lol! :D)
http://oi46.tinypic.com/28s976f.jpg

Also, I *highly* encourage their shop-online-and-pick-up-in-store option... particularly if you have an uncooperative toddler as a shopping buddy! ;) I ordered my stuff late Friday night and they had it ready by 10AM Saturday. I went through Upromise for 5% back.

jam224
02-17-2013, 05:45 PM
any free shipping options? i could so use some of these.

I've never seen a free shipping code for TCS, sorry!

zukeypur
02-17-2013, 07:43 PM
I NEED MORE!!!!! I went in yesterday and bought all of the larges that I could find, 6 medium (what was I thinking......only 6!?), and 2 extra large. Most are in the indoor freezer and the deep freeze, with the rest scattered around the kitchen.

The box of fish nuggets from Trader Joe's fits perfectly in the large, and 2 loaves of bread fit perfectly in the medium.

Since we eat a lot of pork and beef, I have an extra large box in the freezer for each. The larges are for chicken, sausage and bacon, cheese, and seafood. I was able to fit two mediums and a large in the bottom freezer drawer in the refrigerator. I have spent all day cleaning out and reorganizing the kitchen. :yay::yay:

abh5e8
02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Also, I *highly* encourage their shop-online-and-pick-up-in-store option... particularly if you have an uncooperative toddler as a shopping buddy! ;) I ordered my stuff late Friday night and they had it ready by 10AM Saturday. I went through Upromise for 5% back.

hmm....this might work. how long will they hold it for pick up for?

eta: and i assume you don't pay any shipping costs that way, just tax?

Avispa
02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
I've never seen a free shipping code for TCS, sorry!

They have sometimes codes for free shipping over $100, but they don't show up very regularly I think.

anonomom
02-18-2013, 09:22 AM
hmm....this might work. how long will they hold it for pick up for?

eta: and i assume you don't pay any shipping costs that way, just tax?

You can pick a date for pickup when you order, and there aren't shipping costs.

I just ordered several of each size, but they won't be available for pickup at my store until Friday.

DualvansMommy
02-18-2013, 02:37 PM
i bought a few! 2 extra large (for the large books in DS room) 4 medium and 2 large containers...

can't wait for them!

legaleagle
02-18-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm definitely going to get some of these this round. Incidentally, does anyone know if the sweater & shoe boxes ever go on sale?

If you do store pickup, they'll bring them out to the car for you if you call ahead. Came in very handy last week when DD had fallen asleep in the car.

winter75
02-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I picked several sizes up today & already organized a bathroom cabinet. Thanks!

Madelyn
02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Picked up 4 in size Small and 3 of each of the other sizes today. Felt silly when at check-out I was asked what I was using them for and I had to say I didn't know! Paid for them using gift cards I got from my Discover credit card rewards. You can redeem $20 in rewards for a $25 Container Store gift card. If I find a good use for the bins I have, I hope to go back for more once I figure out what sizes I can use.

wendibird22
02-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Picked up 4 in size Small and 3 of each of the other sizes today. Felt silly when at check-out I was asked what I was using them for and I had to say I didn't know! Paid for them using gift cards I got from my Discover credit card rewards. You can redeem $20 in rewards for a $25 Container Store gift card. If I find a good use for the bins I have, I hope to go back for more once I figure out what sizes I can use.

Didn't need to see that. I have $75 in discover rewards. Sooooo tempting. Oh and if you don't have rewards to use, Discover is offering 5% cash back bonus.

jam224
03-01-2013, 02:50 AM
If anybody needs another idea of how to use them, I just used them last week to help organize DD's things in 2 of the Large Utility Totes from Thirty-One:
http://oi49.tinypic.com/1zwm9s7.jpg

Two of the medium size bins fit snugly next to each other -- not a perfect fit, but totally doable. DD was staying with her grandparents for a few days, so this stuff just needed to be driven across town. The first bin had food, silverware, a plate, and a sippy cup. The second bin had a couple of her favorite books and a DVD binder with a few of her favorite movies/shows. The third bin was the perfect size to store all of the Grovia disposable inserts (we CD full time, but gave these to grandma, so she wouldn't have to be on diaper washing duty). The fourth bin had DD's toiletries and baby monitor. In the first tote, there was enough space leftover for another Thirty-One bag, the All-In-One Organizer (now renamed the "Keep It Caddy?"), which had some more toys: her Leaptop, Tag Reader pen & books, and some flash cards. In the second tote, I filled the space with her bedding: a plush Pack-n-Play sheet and her A&A blanket.

The bins made it SO nice to just pull everything out and put them in their appropriate space: the food bin in the kitchen, the entertainment bin in the living room, the inserts bin in the bedroom/diaper changing area, and the toiletries bin was quickly unpacked in the bathroom. Loved it! :D

babyzolo
03-01-2013, 06:46 AM
I bought 2 small and 1 medium for organizing my mail and paperwork that used to pile up in the kitchen. It looks sooooooooooooo much better and more organized. And I labeled the bins (with my Brother label maker) to note mail for me vs for DH. I think I will buy more just to have when I am organizing other areas. Don't want to miss the end of the sale!

lhafer
03-01-2013, 08:48 AM
I had several of these bins before - and used them all. I just bought a LOT more last week in every size (like cleaned the shelf off) and used most of them already. I need more because I still have my freezer/frig and under my kitchen sink. And I might add some to my pantry, but I tend to like the XOXO clear containers for my pantry.

I will post some pictures in my organizing thread in the organizing forum when I get a chance. So far I have used these in my closet, under my sinks, in my freezer, in my playroom, and in my utility tote bag.

JanBaby
03-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Those of you who put these into thirty one bags - brilliant!

legaleagle
03-01-2013, 12:57 PM
I didn't see any shorter ones, but the shoe boxes might work.

The men's shoe box sideways is the perfect depth for my upper cabinets.

PP with the oxo containers, which ones are you referring to?

I just used 4 mediums for my bathroom cabinets but I think I'm going to switch them out for larges now that i see how they fit around the pipes so well. Filled up the rest of the space with shoe boxes and one of the handled shelf bins (used only because I already had it).

BunnyBee
03-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Those of you who put these into thirty one bags - brilliant!

Except now I need Thirty One bags. :ROTFLMAO:

daphne
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
What do you all use your utility tote for? I find it to be a too big & a little overwhelming. Right now it's sitting on my dining room floor, holding random odds & ends.

zukeypur
03-01-2013, 03:33 PM
For those of you who like the OXO containers, there were some at Costco this week. They also had a set of 8 boxes that looked like large shoe boxes for $18.

boltfam
03-01-2013, 05:03 PM
What do you all use your utility tote for? I find it to be a too big & a little overwhelming. Right now it's sitting on my dining room floor, holding random odds & ends.

I love it for day trips to my ILs or parents' house or overnight trips to hold food, games, etc.

sf333
03-05-2013, 10:37 AM
*snip*
I will post some pictures in my organizing thread in the organizing forum when I get a chance. So far I have used these in my closet, under my sinks, in my freezer, in my playroom, and in my utility tote bag.

Where is the organizing forum/thread?

KrisM
03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Where is the organizing forum/thread?

It's called Clean Sweep and you can see it here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=355

MSWR0319
03-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Did anyone order over $200 and have their shipping calculate right? I had a total of $201.xx and it had shipping at $27.xx. LOoks to me like it's calculating off of the regular prices of the bins. Everything else I ordered was regular price, so that's the only thing I can come up with.

charp2000
03-11-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember reading in their shipping pg that they use original price in shipping calculations.

wendibird22
03-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Anyone get shipping notification? I ordered last week...thurs I think...and have an order confirmation but no shipping notice.

ETA: they must have heard my virtual complaint because I got a shipping notice this morning.

WatchingThemGrow
03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
I went this weekend and sat through an office demo - WON a $15 gift card. woo hoo! They were out of L bins after I bought 3 though.

MSWR0319
03-12-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember reading in their shipping pg that they use original price in shipping calculations.

THanks!! I must have missed that part.

legaleagle
03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I just wanted to say that whoever called them organizing crack was right on.

Also, the x-large is the perfect size to hold 12 rolls of double toliet paper, if you're like me and constantly having the spares tumbling out of the linen closet since they escaped the large package.

babyonway
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Would these be useful for organizing a deep freeze and would anyone have pictures of how they did it?

My deep freeze is a mess and I can't figure out how to organize it because I would have to stack these on top of each other. Would that work?

Multimama
03-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Also, the x-large is the perfect size to hold 12 rolls of double toliet paper, if you're like me and constantly having the spares tumbling out of the linen closet since they escaped the large package.

If we were on Facebook I would 'like' this. I need more ideas to use these. I'm on an organizing/decluttering kick, but I'm not very good at it. :)

Rainbows&Roses
03-12-2013, 05:44 PM
there is a 15% off coupon in the april real simple good on-line, on phone orders and in-store. It expires ends of April I think.

larig
03-12-2013, 05:45 PM
there is a 15% off coupon in the april real simple good on-line, on phone orders and in-store. It expires ends of April I think.

awesome! thanks for the heads up.

lhafer
03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Would these be useful for organizing a deep freeze and would anyone have pictures of how they did it?

My deep freeze is a mess and I can't figure out how to organize it because I would have to stack these on top of each other. Would that work?

I have pictures of what I used my multipurpose bins for - one of which is my upright freezer in the Cleaning forum. http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=454728

While I love them for my purposes, I don't think they would help a deep freezer be any more organized, because you basically need to be able to organize from the top down, not straight across KWIM?

I would think the Sweater boxes with lids (or something similar) would work better for a deep freezer because you an easily stack them, and when you use lids - you can label the lids so you can easily see what you have.

Here is a blog with organization tips for a deep freezer: http://stuffparentsneed.com/how-to-make-a-chest-freezer-organized-and-functional/

jam224
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM

The multipurpose bins won't stack. Maybe Alejandra's video can help: How to Organize a Deep Freezer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMJgC3apx0). It looks like she uses these recycling containers, which will stack: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/trashRecycling/recycling?productId=10032152&N

MSWR0319
03-12-2013, 07:58 PM

Does it work for sale items? I got a 10% in my email from them but it wouldn't apply to sale items.

legaleagle
03-13-2013, 11:37 AM
If we were on Facebook I would 'like' this. I need more ideas to use these. I'm on an organizing/decluttering kick, but I'm not very good at it. :)

Me neither - I've basically been wandering the house with the bins, seeing what I can fit into them! Fortunately I live 20 minutes from a Container Store so I can keep replenishing my stash as needed.

Twoboos
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
I got 6 (4 xl and 2M) then went back for 7 more (4XL, 2 M and 2 s).

I am using them all in our mudroom closet. Totally organized all of our deck/pool stuff. They fit perfectly on Elfa shelves.

M - sunscreen
M - bug spray
M - flashlights

XL - plastic plates/bowls
XL - plastic serving bowls
XL (2) - plastic cups
XL (2) - towels

I think I'm going to get 4 or 6 more XL's for DDs' closets!

This is an addiction.

legaleagle
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
What kind of towels and how many are you fitting in an xl bin?

MSWR0319
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
How fast is their shipping? I was hoping I'd get my order before the sale ends in case I need more. I'm thinking that might not happen though.

Twoboos
03-13-2013, 02:18 PM
What kind of towels and how many are you fitting in an xl bin?

6 for the pool, although they are on the thinner side. They are folded in thirds and I put them standing up, if that makes any sense! (I got the idea here, someone else mentioned pool towels as well.)

wendibird22
03-13-2013, 03:56 PM
How fast is their shipping? I was hoping I'd get my order before the sale ends in case I need more. I'm thinking that might not happen though.

I'm in W.NY with no store in my area. I ordered on 3/8 and got a shipping notice 3/12 with an expected delivery date of 3/15.

theriviera
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
I have a problem. I've been to the CS 3x in the last 24 hours! I love the multi purpose bins. I also really love the shoe boxes and the accessory boxes.

94bruin
03-13-2013, 06:03 PM
I have a problem. I've been to the CS 3x in the last 24 hours! I love the multi purpose bins. I also really love the shoe boxes and the accessory boxes.

I believe the shoe/boot/accessory boxes go on sale. They may be in the next sale. I totally stocked up last year.

Also, if you belong to Costco, they sell the shoe box and a slightly bigger box in cases of 8-15 (depends on size.)

theriviera
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up. We put our house on the market (today, yikes!) so I needed help to organize the kids stuff. I will definitely stock up on more during the sale though.

wendibird22
03-16-2013, 10:11 AM
My bins arrived and I put all of them to work already. I bought 4med, 4 lg, and 2xl. I'm glad I didn't order any sm. I used 1 lg to organize dish soap, dishwasher tabs, sponges, and counter spray under the kitchen sink. Most I used in my makeshift pantry which is my kitchen island. I had to be a bit creative because the island isn't deep enough for then to be back to back in portrait orientation (our island has doors on both sides). The nice thing is I was able to contain all the little snack baggies and small packages of dried fruit, nuts, etc and they are tall enough to stack soup and fruit cans. I used 1 Xl in a cabinet to contain sm kitchen electronics like stick blender, knife sharpener, apple corer, and mini chopper which were floating loosely an just a big mess.

Even DH commented on how nice they are. I may have to order a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madelyn
03-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Seems I can't get enough of these bins! I have made 2 trips to the Container Store, buying about $50 worth of these bins each time. The first batch I used in my 6 year old daughter's room, mainly organizing the books on her Ikea Expedit bookshelf. Then the next batch I just finished using in my kitchen, mostly in the pantry. I have a narrow pantry with deep shelfs so it works well to be able to pull out a bin and see everything in it without having to move too much stuff around. I could use a few more in the kitchen and would like to use some in the bathroom under the sink cabinets so I'm not sure if I will have the chance to make another trip to Ikea before the sale is over.

legaleagle
03-16-2013, 01:13 PM
You can always order online for in store pick up if you can't make back to the store in time.

KrisM
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM

I bought the magazine and can not find the code. I found ads only. What page is it on? Or what is the code?

Thanks.

Rainbows&Roses
03-16-2013, 09:18 PM
The coupon is a pull-out between pages 104 and 105 right next to the container store page ad on 105.

the on-line code looks generic:
TRSBA13

it says it is good on whole purchase except gift cards, delivery, shipping and installation.

good through 4/30 on phone orders, on-line and in-store(with paper coupon)

KrisM
03-17-2013, 09:52 AM
The coupon is a pull-out between pages 104 and 105 right next to the container store page ad on 105.

TRSBA13

it says it is good on whole purchase except gift cards, delivery, shipping and installation.

Thanks!

MSWR0319
03-19-2013, 11:19 AM
My boxes just came about 45 minutes ago and I've already used about 10 of the multipurpose bins for purposes they weren't intended for! I may have to order more, and I was sure I had ordered too many! I think I am an organizing addict now.

Nurserynurse
03-19-2013, 01:12 PM

TRSBA13

I tried the code and it only took the discount off full price items. It didn't work on the Multi-Purpose bins that are on sale...

Twin Mom
03-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I bought a bunch a week or so ago and went back for more today just in case I run out since the sale is over on Sunday and I won't have time to start organizing until after I get back from my vacation when the sale will be over. Hope I got enough!

ett
03-19-2013, 11:37 PM
I tried the code and it only took the discount off full price items. It didn't work on the Multi-Purpose bins that are on sale...

I've never seen a TCS coupon that works on sale items.

Rainbows&Roses
03-19-2013, 11:56 PM
I've never seen a TCS coupon that works on sale items.

I haven't tried this one in-store yet, but I have had a coupon that HAS worked on sale items....last year I think. It was a real simple magazine coupon I believe.

jam224
03-20-2013, 12:15 AM
I haven't tried this one in-store yet, but I have had a coupon that HAS worked on sale items....last year I think. It was a real simple magazine coupon I believe.

My Real Simple magazine arrived today (finally!) and the fine print on the coupon says it can't be "combined with any other discount/sale price."

lovemydeals
03-20-2013, 11:37 AM
My Real Simple magazine arrived today (finally!) and the fine print on the coupon says it can't be "combined with any other discount/sale price."

The real simple coupon does work. I used it over the weekend with no issues.

Nurserynurse
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
The real simple coupon does work. I used it over the weekend with no issues.

Did you buy sale items? I have several of the multipurpose bins and two of the recycle bins (not on sale) in my cart and it says the coupon applied, but the prices for the multipurpose bins have not changed. However, the discount is showing up for the recycling bins. I even took the recycle bins out of my cart and it still says that the coupon applied, but all of the multipurpose bins are still showing up the sale price and not the extra 15% off. I was hoping the 15% off would help with the high shipping costs.

Guess I will just have to make the drive to TCS and Ikea this
weekend to save on all the shipping costs! :wink2:

lovemydeals
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Did you buy sale items? I have several of the multipurpose bins and two of the recycle bins (not on sale) in my cart and it says the coupon applied, but the prices for the multipurpose bins have not changed. However, the discount is showing up for the recycling bins. I even took the recycle bins out of my cart and it still says that the coupon applied, but all of the multipurpose bins are still showing up the sale price and not the extra 15% off. I was hoping the 15% off would help with the high shipping costs.

Guess I will just have to make the drive to TCS and Ikea this
weekend to save on all the shipping costs! :wink2:

I just looked at my receipt more carefully. I bought sale stuff and non-sale stuff. I saw the discount applied to non-sale stuff and just assumed it work, so it didn't. Sorry for the misinformation.

It might be worth the drive because I always find things that I didn't know I needed. Kind of like shopping at Target. Go in for one thing and come out with 10 other things...:p

KrisM
03-20-2013, 05:27 PM
I can't figure out how many to order. I need to do the order before the sale is over. I know I don't want any small. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

MSWR0319
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Oh my gosh, I used all of mine and still need a few more! I ordered 12 medium and 12 large and 6 each of the small and extra large. I probably need at least 6 more, I just have to figure out sizes. I can't believe how useful these things are. So far I've used them in the freezer, pantry, closets, under sinks, for the craft cupboard, and for my small stash of toiletries I get couponing. Thanks OP!

♥ms.pacman♥
03-22-2013, 01:08 AM
ok these bins ROCK. i had never heard of these until this thread. over the past week I got about 20 of them (good thing there are TWO container stores close to me! i've gone 3 times now)....i think maybe 8 each in Medium and Large. I agree with PP, XL is not as useful (i only got one) and Small can really only be used for books, magazaines (i only got 3, for kids play room).

anyway i used several of the Medium & Large to organize the bottom half of our pantry which had been a disaster until now. I really love how deep they are so they make use of the entire space.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8371/8579578782_d8b375112d_c.jpg

we also have a couple in our freezer to organize frozen fruits/meals.

these are great!

minnie-zb
03-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Ms. Pacman -- your pantry looks fabulous!

♥ms.pacman♥
03-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Ms. Pacman -- your pantry looks fabulous!
thanks!! i should have posted a "before" pic...it was BAD. in cleaning out i found a ton of stuff that had been expired, or several things we had 2, even 3 of because we didn't realize we already had one. now with everything in its own bin that shoudl't happen as often! i feel like we have a ton more space now and i'm not scrambling to find this or that thing as much.

i think it is really useful for us bc our pantry is rather small (most people around here have "walkin" pantries, though we don't. and we get a lot of things at Costco and this helps us contain it all.

pastrygirl
03-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Oh no... Ms. Pacman, until your photo, I've resisted. And you had me with the almond milk, which I'm now keeping stocked! We have the same type of pantry. It was actually supposed to be a hall closet but we really needed a pantry. It's awful in there! We also have BJ's stuff in the basement that would look so much better in bins. Do any of those bin sizes fit 5lb bags of flour or sugar? Right now, we use a plastic filing cabinet for things like flour, sugar, rice, and dried beans, to take up that floor area. It's a pain, though. I'd rather put bins on the floor.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Oh no... Ms. Pacman, until your photo, I've resisted. And you had me with the almond milk, which I'm now keeping stocked! We have the same type of pantry. It was actually supposed to be a hall closet but we really needed a pantry. It's awful in there! We also have BJ's stuff in the basement that would look so much better in bins. Do any of those bin sizes fit 5lb bags of flour or sugar? Right now, we use a plastic filing cabinet for things like flour, sugar, rice, and dried beans, to take up that floor area. It's a pain, though. I'd rather put bins on the floor.

yeah my motivation was all the costco stuff (almond/soy milks...it's just so hard when you have a smallish pantry). dh had tried multiple times to oganize and it never worked. plus kids would always be going in and grab stuff from the shelves and and put it back random places. this should also prevent that :)

about the 5lb bags, .. i will check when i get home from work this evening. not really sure as we keep sugar in a glass jar and we never use it, and i don't usually have flour as i'm GF. i imagine the large should fit 5lb bags though. the XL for sure, though i found the XL size a little less useful and a bit too big for my taste, at least for our smallish pantry.

WatchingThemGrow
03-22-2013, 12:44 PM
ms pacman - I totally love what you've done but I'm uneasy about leaving your pantry like that - without labels. If you don't have one, grab one of these immediately :) http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Personal-Labeler-Machine-White/dp/B002M7W9GW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363970536&sr=8-3&keywords=label+maker

♥ms.pacman♥
03-22-2013, 12:58 PM
ms pacman - I totally love what you've done but I'm uneasy about leaving your pantry like that - without labels. If you don't have one, grab one of these immediately :) http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Personal-Labeler-Machine-White/dp/B002M7W9GW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363970536&sr=8-3&keywords=label+maker

ooh thanks!! you know, i was totally going to put labels on the bins, was just thinking which to use. i was going to use some blank labels i got from mabel's labels, but i detest my handwriting. i saw some labelmakers at Container Store but they were all at least 50 bucks!! this is perfect, i am so getting this!! thanks!!!

legaleagle
03-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Medium bin will hold 2 flour perfectly, large will hold 3 (I think, I don't actually have 3 bags in the house to check for sure. Sugar is smaller because it's denser so should definitely fit.

Also, you can't really tell online but the xlarge bins have grab handles on all 4 sides.

minnie-zb
03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
ooh thanks!! you know, i was totally going to put labels on the bins, was just thinking which to use. i was going to use some blank labels i got from mabel's labels, but i detest my handwriting. i saw some labelmakers at Container Store but they were all at least 50 bucks!! this is perfect, i am so getting this!! thanks!!!

FYI -- Costco also carries a labelmaker.

mikala
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
FYI -- Costco also carries a labelmaker.

Do you have any details about the label maker at Costco? I've been waiting for one but haven't seen one at our store.

pastrygirl
03-22-2013, 06:13 PM
OK, I caved. There's not quite as end-all-be-all as I was hoping they would be, but there is some improvement. I didn't know I had half of the stuff I had! Which explains duplicate open packages in several ziploc bags...

I have a few leftover bins. Not sure if I should return them or make use of them somewhere else. I spent too much!!

Before:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8581445416_a5ba12567e.jpg

After:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8581445690_e30c4971f2.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8516/8580344013_8527359c1b.jpg

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 06:18 PM
OK, I caved.

I think I saw you there today. :waving4: By the time I got through the thought process ("I like her pants... lots of multi-purpose bins... did she buy them all?... huh, she looked familiar... WAIT - Pastrygirl?!?") you had checked out!!

pastrygirl
03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
I think I saw you there today. :waving4: By the time I got through the thought process ("I like her pants... lots of multi-purpose bins... did she buy them all?... huh, she looked familiar... WAIT - Pastrygirl?!?") you had checked out!!LOL! I was wondering if you'd be there! I figured any BBBer would've seen my cart full of those bins and said something. :)

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 06:24 PM
LOL! I was wondering if you'd be there! I figured any BBBer would've seen my cart full of those bins and said something. :)

Seriously, I should have realized immediately it was a BBBer with a cart like that, LOL!!! :rotflmao:

pastrygirl
03-22-2013, 07:45 PM
I managed to use the remaining bins in my extra freezer. I really like them in there!

calebsmama03
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Ms pacman - which size are you using for the tomato cans on their sides? Medium? I've got a bunch of large and one XL but I'm going to grab a few more this weekend.

Twoboos
03-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Ms pacman - which size are you using for the tomato cans on their sides? Medium? I've got a bunch of large and one XL but I'm going to grab a few more this weekend.

Yes those are M's. I copied that in our pantry this aftn! ;)

jgenie
03-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Pastrygirl - where did you find your round flour containers? TIA

OK, I caved. There's not quite as end-all-be-all as I was hoping they would be, but there is some improvement. I didn't know I had half of the stuff I had! Which explains duplicate open packages in several ziploc bags...

I have a few leftover bins. Not sure if I should return them or make use of them somewhere else. I spent too much!!

Before:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8581445416_a5ba12567e.jpg

After:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8581445690_e30c4971f2.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8516/8580344013_8527359c1b.jpg

pastrygirl
03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
^^ I'm not sure; I've had them forever! Amazon has some Cambro food-safe bins that look similar.

jam224
03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
The sale is over! Thanks to everyone who posted pictures and shared tips & ideas! :applause:

For posterity's sake, here are several other threads that were posted pertaining to this year's sale:
-- Reminder: Multi-purpose bin sale ends Sun 3/24! (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=455959)
-- Container Store Favorites? (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=454367)
-- Container Store Multipurpose Bin Idea Picture Thread! (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=453866)
-- My progress so far...More pictures added!! (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=454728)