PDA

View Full Version : Deleted due to disturbing material

justlearning
02-14-2013, 01:52 PM
I've decided to delete my original post (even though that's frowned upon). The main point of my posting an article that's on CNN today about behaviors that occurred between preschoolers was to serve as a reminder that parents must talk with their kids from a very early age about what's inappropriate touching to receive from other kids as well as adults. But I realize that it might be disturbing to read about this, so I'm deleting it.

Ceepa
02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
I would immediately be concerned that one of the children who initiated this behavior is being abused. And to me the label oral sex implies a more sophisticated understanding of sexual stimulation. CNN's headline is sensationalistic.

lalasmama
02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
I would immediately be concerned that one of the children who initiated this behavior is being abused. And to me the label oral sex implies a more sophisticated understanding of sexual stimulation. CNN's headline is sensationalistic.

:yeahthat:

elektra
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
I can't even click the link. Hearing this type of thing is just really upsetting to me.

kdeunc
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM

:yeahthat: Oral sex (or simulation) falls outside the norm of sexual behavior for preschoolers. I too would be concerned that at least one of the children was being abused or at the least exposed to sexual material purposfully or unintentionally.

I do trainings on child sexual abuse and recommend that it is never too early to begin discussing sexuality/sexual abuse with children. It just needs to be done in a developmentally appropriate way. Very young kids can have an understanding of proper body boundaries.

justlearning
02-14-2013, 02:12 PM
I can't even click the link. Hearing this type of thing is just really upsetting to me.

I'm sorry--I just went ahead and deleted what I had written. I was posting it more as a warning to parents but realize that it can be disturbing, so I deleted it.