PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Deals - YMMV

JanBaby
02-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I got an email today that Gymboree had an extra 25% off of clearance. I haven't had much luck the last few times I've stopped in but I cleaned up today on stuff for DS for next year. They were marking down like crazy and I told them I wanted 2T for boys and 5 for girls and they went into the back and pulled stuff out for me. I ended up with 8 really nice flannel/rugby/button down shirts for DS, 2 prs of gymmies, a really cute sweater dress for DD, and another couple of shirts for DD for about $65. Plus Gymbucks for the April redemption period. I didn't have an extra 20% off coupon or I would have done REALLY well. I don't know how similar stores are but the boys stuff was $6.99 less 25% and it was "12 GY FALL 1" in the upper corner of the tag. If you have the extra 20% of coupon they would be like $4. Total steal.

Dream
02-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Is this only at the store?

citymama
02-15-2013, 12:43 AM
In store or online? I need to buy baby gifts!

Momit
02-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Was thinking about heading there today - sounds like it's worth checking out. Thanks!

Daphnecita
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Is this only at the store?

Online also. The online prices include the 25% off. You can use a 20% coupon also.

Dream
02-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Online also. The online prices include the 25% off. You can use a 20% coupon also.

Thanks I placed an order. My order total qualified for free shipping but once I applied the code they charged me $5 for shipping. FYI

I could have bought from the store but I wasn't sure whether they'll have it in stock and they were cute dresses and didn't want to risk it being sold out at the store.

BDKmom
02-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up, OP. I got some cute outfits for DD for next year.

Daphnecita
02-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks I placed an order. My order total qualified for free shipping but once I applied the code they charged me $5 for shipping. FYI

I could have bought from the store but I wasn't sure whether they'll have it in stock and they were cute dresses and didn't want to risk it being sold out at the store.

Unfortunately the total after discounts has to be over the FS amount. :(

For future reference if you go to a store and they don't have an item you are looking for but it is available online, they can order it for you and it ships free regardless of the total. The only downside is if you are using a 20% coupon and making an in-store purchase as well as having them order something for you online, you will need two coupons. The online order is always a separate transaction and the coupon codes can only be used once. They will also price match the online prices if something is cheaper online. I've done that once or twice although it is usually the other way around (cheaper in-store).

TamiRuns
02-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Can anyone share a code for 20% off? I have to buy a shower gift and could use one. Used to shop here all the time but stopped years ago so not on their mailing list.

Thanks in advance!

Dream
02-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately the total after discounts has to be over the FS amount. :(

For future reference if you go to a store and they don't have an item you are looking for but it is available online, they can order it for you and it ships free regardless of the total. The only downside is if you are using a 20% coupon and making an in-store purchase as well as having them order something for you online, you will need two coupons. The online order is always a separate transaction and the coupon codes can only be used once. They will also price match the online prices if something is cheaper online. I've done that once or twice although it is usually the other way around (cheaper in-store).

That's good to know, thank you for clarifying.

Momit
02-16-2013, 03:04 PM
I did pretty well at my store. Got a pair of sweats, a nice button-down shirt and a rugby for $4.19 each after sale and coupon. Also a beautiful ivory cable knit sweater for $5.99 and a nice jacket for $7.80.

Mommy_Mea
02-17-2013, 09:55 AM
My store was only okay, but I got 3 pairs of pants, 6 pair of underwear and one t-shirt for $36.xx. It was a madhouse though! The staff looked totally frazzled.

Mom of XX&XY
02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
My store had only really heavy clothes like fleece. They were still $12. In Va the need or fleece is few:(