PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE One ear plugged and dizzy

KLD313
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Update: I just wanted to update because a few other people said they had the same problem. The decongestants didn't work. I ended up buying homeopathic ear wax drops. They worked! It wasn't ad bad as I thought it was and I can hear again.

Idk if this is the right place to post this, sorry if it's not.

My left ear is totally plugged, I can barely hear out of it and I'm dizzy. The same thing happened last hear around this time but I was pregnant and chalked it up to some weird pregnancy thing.

My nose isnt stuffy or anything. I haven't been sick recently. It's just my ear and it's uncomfortable but not necessarily painful. If I push my finger against my ear it will open up but it clogs back up again. So annoying.

Any ideas what this is. Do I need a Dr.?

mackmama
02-15-2013, 05:20 PM
I would take sudafed and some advil after eating some food.

EllasMum
02-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Excess ear wax? You can buy drops that will help soften the wax and it will just come out on its own. You can also get these soft rubber bulbs that you fill with warm water and then insert into your ear to flush out the wax. Might help.

I totally feel your pain, by the way. I was sick a couple weeks back and my ears both plugged. One of them has unplugged but the other is still muffled. Every time I blow my nose or swallow, they crackle and feel like both will pop, but no. :( I am really hoping they BOTH clear soon! So annoying!

KLD313
02-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks. I tried Sudafed last year and it didn't help but I'll try it again.

My friend just said it could be excess ear wax, too. Hmm, maybe. Oh how I hate putting stuff in my ears. I have to keep the tv extra loud, I'm talking louder, I feel like my grandparents.

sariana
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Make sure it's real Sudafed. You have to ask for it at the pharmacy. The new stuff that came out a few years ago does not work the same.

I'm sorry about your ear. I have trouble with mine too, and my sinuses. It's no fun at all.

KLD313
02-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Make sure it's real Sudafed. You have to ask for it at the pharmacy. The new stuff that came out a few years ago does not work the same.

I'm sorry about your ear. I have trouble with mine too, and my sinuses. It's no fun at all.

Oh yeah, I hate the new stuff. :)

I ended up taking Mucinex because if I take Sudafed one I'll be up all night. I'll take it in the morning of the Mucinex doesn't do anything.

sariana
02-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh yeah, I hate the new stuff. :)

I ended up taking Mucinex because if I take Sudafed one I'll be up all night. I'll take it in the morning of the Mucinex doesn't do anything.

Funny--Sudafed puts me to sleep! I hope the Mucinex works. I've never tried it but probably should.

trales
02-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I would bet anything on ear wax, get some drops, stick a tissue on the ear and go to bed, the wax will dissolve and you will feel so much better.

KLD313
02-15-2013, 08:17 PM
I would bet anything on ear wax, get some drops, stick a tissue on the ear and go to bed, the wax will dissolve and you will feel so much better.

I guess I will have to suck it up and do that if the Mucinex doesn't work.

KLD313
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Bumping for update in first post.