PDA

View Full Version : Well- LASIK done- Thanks BBB

sdoyle
02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Hello all!

I posted a few weeks ago about LASIK back here:

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=451067&highlight=lasik

and wanted to follow up that it is done and is AMAZING!! It really feels like a miracle. I was 20/15 the next day and I was able to see things that I never was able to see before even with contacts.

You were all awesome with your support and suggestions so thank you. A couple things I would suggest/recommend based on your suggestions:

1) I ended up getting multiple evaluations and had decided that if even one doctor thought it was not a good idea- I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't have thought of that without your suggestion so thank you. I went with the place that I felt had the most thorough evaluation and was happy with them.

2) I should have picked up my medicines and eye drops before surgery. I sent DH after but you have to use 2 types of drops 4 times a day and other drops every 30 min to an hour. It was hard to keep up with and would have been easier if we picked them up early.

3) Take the valium.

4) Apparently the lubricant drops need to be used for a full month- so get the big box.

I am very excited for my upcoming Hawaii trip with DH for our 10 year anniversary with no glasses and no swimming with contacts. It's truly amazing. I did have 3 days of night halos and a couple times where I had an hour or two of itching and dryness but that is resolved now. I'm glad I did it so thanks for the encouragement. Please let me know if I can answer any questions or help any of you.

THANK YOU!!

Stacy

wellyes
02-16-2013, 01:29 PM
I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

joonbug
02-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Awesome! So happy for you ;).
I have been debating Lasik for a while and would love to have it done. I don't remember life with good vision, have worn glasses since 6 yo and contacts since 12 or so... My eyesight is poor, -9.75 in both eyes. Enjoy your holiday adventures without worrying about glasses ;).

StantonHyde
02-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Good for you! DH and I love our results!

crayonblue
02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Yay! Glad you are happy!

TwinFoxes
02-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Wonderful! I hate to ask, but do you mind sharing the cost? And are you in a HCOL area?

crl
02-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Glad to hear it all went well!

Catherine

okinawama
02-16-2013, 05:06 PM
That's fantastic news! I've been thinking about it for a while ad your thread gave me lots to think about! I'm so happy you had a successful outcome!!!!

MMMommy
02-17-2013, 03:24 AM
Happy that things went smoothly! I envy you and would love to be able to wake up with clear, unassisted vision!

georgiegirl
02-17-2013, 09:51 AM
So glad it went well. I've been wanting to do this for a few years. Maybe next year will be my year.

sdoyle
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone!

TwinFoxes- I am in a moderate COL area and paid $1750 per eye. Got a 20% discount with VSP. I was really surprised at the differences in price when I went for evals (which were all free, BTW). The place I felt did the least thorough exam charged the most at $2450 per eye. I went with the most thorough exam and the price was right in the middle of what I saw. Also saved some doing the medical savings tax incentive.

Stacy