PDA

View Full Version : The Notebook: the Worst, Most Frustrating Movie Ever Created

boogiemomz
02-17-2013, 10:22 AM
OMG, y'all this is hilarious...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/why-the-notebook-is-the-worst-most-frustrating-movie-ever-cr

Minnifer
02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
:rotflmao:

anamika
02-17-2013, 12:24 PM
LOL! I hadn't seen the movie but that was funny.
I love Ryan Gosling. I had only seen pics of him and never "got" it. Then I was at the gym and saw a movie that he was in on the screens. I finally got it! He looks sort of goofy in stills but his charm/magnetism just oozes on the screen.

citymama
02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
I've never seen that movie but the pictures say it all! RG. :heartbeat:

I might have to rent this although DH might just gag if I do. (he hates chick flicks and this looks like the ultimate female fantasy flick).

elbenn
02-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Hilarious!

For all you RG fans, according to the blind gossip sites (so of course the gossip may or may not be true), he seems to be one of the few celebrities who are actually cooler and nicer than they seem. Also, there was a period of about 3 years that he didn't work. Apparently, he was cast in a movie to be directed by Peter Jackson. RG showed up the week before filming looking very different because that was how he interpreted his character. Supposedly, Peter Jackson freaked out and fired him and replaced him with Mark Wahlberg. Now who would replace Ryan Gosling with Mark Wahlberg? I mean, RG is a way better actor than Marky Mark!

boogiemomz
02-17-2013, 11:52 PM
I totally never "got it" about RG, thought he looked pretty goofy, UNTIL Crazy, Stupid Love. And then... oh my. I get it. Definitely get it. :heartbeat::loveeyes::heartbeat:

queenmama
02-18-2013, 12:27 AM
I totally never "got it" about RG, thought he looked pretty goofy, UNTIL Crazy, Stupid Love. And then... oh my. I get it. Definitely get it. :heartbeat::loveeyes::heartbeat:

This exactly. Ex. Act. Ly.

Lara

turtledove
02-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Ok, so I have never seen this movie but now I really want to know how it ends.... Do they get together?!?

kellij
02-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Ok, so I have never seen this movie but now I really want to know how it ends.... Do they get together?!?

Yes, and then they get old and die. It's like all of the movies by that guy, everyone always dies. Only watch it if you want to be a crying mess on the floor.

ellies mom
02-18-2013, 02:28 AM
I loved Ryan Gosling in Lars and the Real Girl. His character is "socially inept" rather then "leading man but really sweet. It is a quirky and just a lot of fun.

queenmama
02-18-2013, 03:51 AM
I loved Ryan Gosling in Lars and the Real Girl. His character is "socially inept" rather then "leading man but really sweet. It is a quirky and just a lot of fun.

DH and I love this film. It's one of his favorites and he cried when he saw it in the theater with his best friend.

RG is excellent in general. Fracture, Blue Valentine, Half Nelson, All Good Things... He's put in a lot of solid performances. Lars is my favorite, and CSL is a close second simply because he can rock a suit like nobody's business.

Lara

AnnieW625
02-18-2013, 04:34 AM

:yeahthat:, but I did get him a bit first in The Notebook (and if you go back far enough Remember The Titans), but was traumatized after seeing him playing a slimy older version of himself in Blue Valentine (and he was equally traumatizing in Half Nelson, although that movie showed me he could act). He is great in Drive too, but in Crazy Stupid Love he is equally as frusterating as The Notebook

Oh, and Ides of March. Excellent.

Eva Mendes is one lucky lady.