PDA

View Full Version : Great Read For Those Interested: America and the Pill

Kindra178
02-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Last week DH and I had a few moments before our movie date night so we stopped in a little independent book store. Since I have a Kindle, I rarely go to the bookstore anymore. It was so fun to browse in an unhurried and peaceful manner. I came across America and The Pill by a University of Minnesota professor. As an ex history major, I love reading books by historians on interesting topics (especially health) that have nothing to do with my current field.

Anyway, this book was a few dollars so I grabbed it. Quick, easy read and pretty enjoyable. I recommend to all who may be interested in this topic (wellyes, I am thinking of you).

Here is a piece by the author, which sums up the book:

http://host.madison.com/news/opinion/column/elaine-tyler-may-when-the-catholic-church-nearly-approved-the/article_09acb587-4503-52d2-b525-51e5c2e46e20.html

crayonblue
02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the rec.

A friend commented to me a few years ago that if we get to Heaven and find out that the pill/iuds were in fact a sin, there is going to be a LONG LONG LONG line of us asking for forgiveness! She said it tongue in cheek but I can totally relate.

ourbabygirl
02-17-2013, 06:26 PM
That was a great article- thanks for sharing!