PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe smoothie maker - help please

jgenie
02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
DS1 won't touch a veggie. Our ped recommended we try smoothies to get some veggies into him. I have a regular blender and would like to try making smoothies with it before I spend the money on something better. Please share your smoothie recipes. I'm clueless so measurements would be greatly appreciated. TIA

ahisma
02-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Try bananas, strawberries and yogurt. I'd just use everything cold, i suppose - not frozen (not sure if your blender would handle it).

Measurements - hmm. 1 banana, 1 cup berries, 1/2 cup yogurt? I've NEVER measured in my blender (and don't eat yogurt), that's a huge guess.

ang79
02-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Try bananas, strawberries and yogurt. I'd just use everything cold, i suppose - not frozen (not sure if your blender would handle it).

Measurements - hmm. 1 banana, 1 cup berries, 1/2 cup yogurt? I've NEVER measured in my blender (and don't eat yogurt), that's a huge guess.

I do this but put in frozen bananas and frozen strawberries to make it more icey. I also add in some yogurt whey or milk and blend some baby spinach (a handful or two) leaves into the liquid first, then add in the fruit and yogurt and blend more. By blending the spinach into the liquid, it totally purees it and you can't see or taste it in the smoothie :)

wifecat
02-17-2013, 10:09 PM
I have a blendtec, so I don't know how this will work in your blender. My old one couldn't hack it...

1 cup liquid - sometimes I just use water, sometimes fruit juice, sometimes milk, sometimes a mix - depends what I have. 1 banana, 1 cup mixed fruit (I use frozen berries/frozen pineapple), 1 whole carrot, a cup of spinach, a tablespoons of whole flaxseeds, a couple of spoonfuls of greek yogurt, and blend.

Katigre
02-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Frozen spinach and frozen Kale blend up really well. Especially if you also use frozen pineapple. Google green smoothie recipes.

Sent from my Android phone using Swift Key Flow (http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/)