PDA

View Full Version : Shade clothing -50% off everything

brianaw
02-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Shade Clothing is having a huge sale with 50% off everything with free shipping and free returns.

I love their clothes, similar to DownEast. I bought some great dresses for $10-12 each.

They also have a great selection of maternity.

Wwww.shadeclothing.com

PAfirsttimemom
02-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any favorite pieces from this brand? How is the fit? I'd be tempted to order some basic tees at these great prices but they look pretty thin and fitted--tight in sleeves and to the body.

Pennylane
02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't have any personal experience with the clothing but have not seen very good reviews about it. I've heard they are cheaply made and the fit is not good at all.

Ann

Avispa
02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't have any personal experience with the clothing but have not seen very good reviews about it. I've heard they are cheaply made and the fit is not good at all.

Ann

Right, that seemed to be the consensus a little while ago:
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=432680&highlight=shade

mmommy
02-18-2013, 11:47 AM
I did get 2 wrap tops that I wear for nursing from Shade, and I like them quite a bit, but I also ordered a few other things and ended up sending those all back because they felt cheap/didn't fit well. So I'd say its hit or miss. But since they do free shipping and returns, it can be worth checking things out.

PAfirsttimemom
02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
I did get 2 wrap tops that I wear for nursing from Shade, and I like them quite a bit, but I also ordered a few other things and ended up sending those all back because they felt cheap/didn't fit well. So I'd say its hit or miss. But since they do free shipping and returns, it can be worth checking things out.

Good point about the free shipping and returns. May be worth it to try an item or two. Too bad there are no reviews on the site.

jennilynn
02-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Well I'm in for a couple of $3 maternity tanks and a $5 tunic. Thanks OP!

brianaw
02-18-2013, 04:26 PM
I would compare Shade to H&M or Forever 21 (their nicer stuff) and DownEast... But for a woman instead of juniors. Their stuff tends to be more "modest" but trendy.

I haven't loved everything I've bought, but I've liked a lot. And the price is great. And with free returns... Nothing to lose.

As for sizing I would say true to women's sizing. If you are between sizes, I would probably go down. I LOVE their basic tees. Great for layering.

Daphnecita
02-18-2013, 05:06 PM
And with free returns... Nothing to lose.

:yeahthat:
Thanks for posting!
I just ordered for the first time, some tees and a few other things. I recall not so great reviews here on BBB but for the prices and with free returns, I'm going to give it a try. I miss the really cheap tees from Land's End when they used to do the great promos...

MizMojoLaveau
02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
okay, trying this
http://www.shadeclothing.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445997863&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306256944&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395917465&bmUID=1361222798433&productSizeSelected=0&fit_type=
with the matching tank, so we will see....

AustenFan
02-18-2013, 05:29 PM
I've been getting basics from Shade for years, and they are very tight to the body and long. I love the camis for layering (higher neckline than any other cami I've found, which is good when I'm huge while nursing, and nice and long so no muffin top shows). I've gotten a couple of their maternity tops that I also tend to just layer, and when not pregnant I I've sized up to a couple larges (I'm generally a M when not nursing and an F-cup) that fit me fine. I have a long cardigan sweater that I got 4 years ago on clearance and LOVE and wear more probably any other article of clothing I own. I don't think I've gotten anything since they went under and came back as part of Gymboree, so I can't speak to recent quality. I'm currently wearing a Shade cami that is 5 years old, and it's not threadbare or holey. I'd say the quality is (or at least was) as least as good as ON/Target/recent Lands End basics--t-shirts from those places only last me a couple years before they get ratty.

SoloMelody
02-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Would their tanks and t-s be too long on a petite 5' 2" person?

sewarsh
02-18-2013, 07:03 PM
I've gotten their swim suits before (last summer for this summer) and really like them a lot.

MommyAllison
02-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks for posting! I bought a bunch of tees from them last winter/spring (maybe the Presidents Day sale then too?), and though I sent a lot back (for wrong size, poor fit, overall didn't look good on me, etc), I've been happy with the quality of the things I kept. I really like some of the dresses they have right now and they are super cheap, so I'll give them a try. :) I like that they have the length of the medium dress listed on each style - very helpful!

MommyAllison
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Would their tanks and t-s be too long on a petite 5' 2" person?

I don't think so. I am 5'7" with a long torso, and almost everything was too short for me. I had to size way up to get the tees long enough. If they are though, at least it's free returns! :)