PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your food processor!

mommy111
02-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Got a black and Decker one that broke on first use! We use food processors often (mostly to grind cooked meat) and need the higher capacity ones. Is there one (not too expensive) that you would recommend? Also, any deals On right now on these?
TIA

123LuckyMom
02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
I have only ever had Cuisinarts, and I love them. My current one is probably a decade old and still going strong. I use it often.

brittone2
02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
I have a Prep 11 Plus Cuisinart. We've had it since 2001.

AnnieW625
02-18-2013, 11:59 AM
I have the 7 cup Cuisinart. I didn't think I would use all of the attachments for the 11 cup and at the time the 7 cup didn't have the same locking feeder system that the 11 cup has that I find annoying. It does now, but it has been super rare that I have felt the need for anything bigger. The few times I have made bread I have made it in my Kitcheb Aid Artisan with no problem. When our current one dies I will either get another 7 cup or I will buy the Kitchen Aid because again I find that locking mechanism on the feeder thing super annoying (I don't believe that is a normal complaint about the machine).

Cuisinart 7 Cup
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004S9EM

Kitchen Aid 7 cup
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007P205QU/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1361202913&sr=8-7&pi=SL75

We also have the Cuisinart Mini Prep
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000645YM/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1361203044&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

We got both in 2003 when we got married. Pre kids I used the Mini Prep way more than the large Cuisinart. Now I use them about equal.

hellokitty
02-18-2013, 12:19 PM
My mom's 25 yr old cuisinart is still going strong. I have a 13 yr old cuisinart, BUUUT I am very annoyed that the hole where it locks into place is cracked. I don't use my food processor that often, so this is why it annoys me so much. The attchments and the motor are still going strong, but I am annoyed that I may have to get a new bowl, and I'm not even sure if they make one for my model or not and if it may just be cheaper to buy a new unit. I've been eying the kitchenaid ones, but admit that I know very little about them. If it weren't for the cracking bowl lock, I would recommend cuisinart.

Twoboos
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
I got a Cuisinart 7cup for Christmas. I've only used it a couple of times but I like it so far. I've never had a food processor before (gasp!), so I have nothing to compare it to.

mommy111
02-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Sounds like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just shell out the money for a nicer food processor. Sounds like either the cuisinart or the kitchenaid? Let me know if you think one is better than the other....or any other brands that you guys have good experiences with. I'm thinking we'll need the 11 cup
ETA: See, now I'm confused....do I need a meat grinder or a food processor. We usually use it to cook meat and then grind to make burger patties that I then freeze for the kid's lunch

maestramommy
02-18-2013, 01:29 PM
I have 2 Cuisinarts. 1 small and 1 full size. The smaller one I got new in 07 to make babyfood. Dh did the purchase and according the the reviews it has an esp. strong motor. The full size looks to be similar model, they are pretty basic. they have only on/off/pulse. I got it at Goodwill. They are workhorses. They are strong enough to grind all meat cept beef. The smaller one started to overheat, and I haven't tried it with the larger one. I do not use a grinding attachment, I just use the chopper function. I've ground fish, shrimp, pork and chicken with no problems at all. I guess beef might be a little to fibrous. I've been using the large one lately to make pastry dough and it is really good at that too.