PDA

View Full Version : Craft idea to do at a bday party

MomtoNico
02-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I will be celebrating my sons bday on sunday. There will be 8 kids raging in age from 3-10. Any ideas for a craft. Would prefer not to paint. But not 100% against it. We have ac Moore and michaels. Plus target Walmart etc. I am not crafy. Hoping I could get a kit or something. Thanks

ellies mom
02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
We have made shrinky-dink jewelry (necklaces, key chains, zipper pulls). The key here is to pre-trace and cut several items ahead of time. We did Lalaloopsy heads and super hero logos.

We have decorated cardboard treasure chests with stickers and markers (each kid was then given chocolate gold coins to go inside). We have also decorated frames with stickers and markers. You can also decorate foam things with foam stickers, etc.

We have made bottle cap magnets and decorated lavender sachet bags (granted this was our only all girl party). And for our Olivia party, we covered half the garage in tarps and the kids did splash paintings. That was a huge hit but if you'd like to avoid paint, you'd want to skip this one.

And then finally, we usually give the kids plain cupcakes and put out small dishes of candy so they can decorate the cupcakes. They love it.

newg
02-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Do you have a theme? DD1 is having her 5th birthday on Saturday (kids ages 2.5-5). I'm using foam stickers and letting them decorate a cowboy hat; which they'll take home.
If you are on Pinterest , check there for ideas!!

MomtoNico
02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Dinosaurs is the theme. I went to the dollar store and picked up water bottles. There is a piece of paper you can take put and decorate. I have Dino stencils they can use. Plus a bunch of other stickers and letters they can stick on. I like the idea of decorating their own cupcakes. I was going to have cupcakes anyways instead of a cake.