PDA

View Full Version : Birth control pill question....

newg
02-18-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm taking a regular BCP everyday and I messed up my days this month and now im not dure what to do.
I missed my Thursday pill, and didn't realize it till Friday night.....I took it right away, then delayed taking my Friday pill till I woke up on Saturday, and then took my Saturday pill at my regular time on Saturday night.
Well I starting bleeding on Friday, and even though I am continuing the pills (I'm in week 3) I'm now having a full blown period.
Should I just toss this pack and start a fresh pack when this period is over or shouldi kept taking my pill every day??
I'm not taking the pill for BC; just for the hormone regulation. DH has a vasectomy so I'm not worried about an accidental pregnancy.

Any advice? I don't think I've ever had this happen before, so I'm not sure what to do.

BDKmom
02-18-2013, 12:39 PM
I would finish the 3rd week's pills, then start the new pack the next week, skipping the 4th week/sugar pills. Hopefully things will get back on track for next month, but, IME, it may take a couple of cycles for everything to even back out.

newg
02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
I would finish the 3rd week's pills, then start the new pack the next week, skipping the 4th week/sugar pills. Hopefully things will get back on track for next month, but, IME, it may take a couple of cycles for everything to even back out.

Do you think I will have another period next week too (when I should actually have it)??

BDKmom
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Do you think I will have another period next week too (when I should actually have it)??

I think you will probably just have a longer or heavier one now. I don't think it is likely to stop and start again, but I guess it could.

sariana
02-18-2013, 02:07 PM
If you no longer have the insert, which usually says what to do in such a situation, call the pharmacy and ask. They either can get you another copy of the insert of just tell you what it says.

ray7694
02-18-2013, 05:35 PM
My ob has told me to continue taking the pill. This has happened to me and what usually happens if I miss a pill is a light period all the way through the end of the pills and through my "period" days. I start the new pack on schedule. If you start and stop you will mess with your 28 day cycle.

newg
02-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks ladies! I'll keep on track and hope next month is normal!