PDA

View Full Version : How much wine?

BabyBearsMom
02-19-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not a drinker so I don't know much about this. I'm throwing a bridal shower for a friend. It is a mid-afternoon event with about 30 people there. There will be heavy snacks, water, iced tea, and soda. We are also doing a prosecco toast (one of the bride's favorite places is Italy so I am incorporating that into the theme). I was thinking that we should also have some wine for the guests during the shower. How many bottles should I buy?

AnnieW625
02-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I think you would be fine with 6 bottles, I would do 3 bottles of white, and 3 bottles of red wine. I might even buy a bottle of white zinfindel just in case. If you fill a standard Libbey white wine glass (not an oversized Reidel or other stemless glass) you can easily get 4 glasses of wine out of a bottle. Same thing if you were to use the small plastic wine cups.

No idea about the prosecco though. Maybe 3 bottles.

ilfaith
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I usually go with one bottle of wine for every 2-3 guests...but it depends on how big a drinking crowd it is. Since it is an afternoon party, you could probably do with less wine than for an evening cocktail or dinner party. I usually get more red wine than white, but find women are more likely than men to drink white wine, so if it's all ladies, a 50/50 split is probably a good bet.

Here is a calculator you can try to determine your wine needs...

http://www.tableandvine.com/party_planning.html

squimp
02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
I would usually do a half bottle for everyone that drinks, but with the toast maybe a bottle for 3 people, so maybe 8-10 bottles. I have never found that extra wine is a problem, you can always take it home. :)

scriptkitten
02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I would usually do a half bottle for everyone that drinks, but with the toast maybe a bottle for 3 people, so maybe 8-10 bottles. I have never found that extra wine is a problem, you can always take it home. :)

:yeahthat: