PDA

View Full Version : Holes in Clothes

craftysierra
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
My Husband took the oldest two to an event this weekend and they wore name badges and my daughter came home with holes in two of her hanna dresses :(

Sierra

maestramommy
02-19-2013, 03:34 PM
boo. Can you patch from the inside? I do this a lot with my kids' clothes and iron on patches. They have strips that you can cut to fit. My kids get a lot of holes in their clothes (even the Hanna clothes).

mom2binsd
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Have you washed them yet, I find that holes from pins will close up in the wash.

Snow mom
02-19-2013, 03:45 PM
From pins? I hate pins. DH thinks I'm crazy but seriously, a little pin will break threads in an outfit and once the hole is there it's there.

MamaMolly
02-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Grrrrrrrrr! This drives me batty too. I hate trying to fix holes in knits. It always looks crappy because I try to sew them up. Duh, more holes! The iron on patch is a good idea.

maiaann
02-19-2013, 11:27 PM
I hate pins too! I hope your Hanna is fixable. :( On field day *EVERY YEAR*, DD ends up ruining her shirt from the safety pin that holds her ribbons. Grrr... (My DH also thinks I'm nuts.)

craftysierra
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the commiseration, yes my DH was shaking his head at me at why it was an issue. One dress should be wearable with no real issue after washing and the other has big holes. My daughter told me about it this morning and it has almost hole punch size holes. I should be able to have my Mom add more embroidery, but of course they are right on the front of the dress.
Sierra